Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We don't want to get carried away but...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
... Leicester and Palace are currently occupying 3rd and 4th respectively on 14 points. With the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all dealing with their own issues, is this a season where we can aim higher than we have done before?

Just whisper it to your nearest and dearest this beautiful Sunday morning, post Spurs victory -
TOP 4 AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL AT THE AMEX UNDER SIR POTTER'S TUTELAGE IS WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE!.

'You may say that I'm a dreamer...'.

:bhasign:

P.s: As Rick James once said...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am cautiously optimistic but my target is set at 15th or 16th, been following this club far too long to get carried away by one massive performance.

European football in the near future? Nah

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Come on. Feel free to bounce this thread when Dunk, Connolly etc are lining up before a game at the Nou Camp next September/October time.

That famous waving of the sheet football being lifted up and down by the ball-boys in the middle of the pitch, to the famous, well known tune.

Messi looking across in the direction of Aaron Connolly, with genuine fear in his Argentinian eyes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well obviously its daft in isolation, but looking at some of the results this season how far away are we from all 20 premier league sides being in the scrap for European spots? Two teams are disappearing in the distance, Leicester look good, but everyone else is in a battle royale it seems

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
This post reminds me of the hyperbolic remarks during our first season in the championship, that we were going straight up into the PL. Now as then we have a long way to go but are definitely headed in the right direction.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mid table mediocrity is the most i am hoping for this season.

Keep the lid on chaps and keep flying under the radar.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is absolutely no reason to suggest we aren’t as good as Wolves were last season and they made Europe.

I really would not want europe this year, as I think we need another year, that said, if we get the momentum and within a sniff of it, you have to go for it and worry about the gelling of the newer squad next season.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I will be satisfied with 17th place, but I;m hoping for about 12 as it would be the highest finish in our history.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mid table safety is my personal "we are in Europe" BHA dream for this season.

TBs target is at some point in the future.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Strange thread.

We did fantastic yesterday but had we lost the board would have been full of doom mongers talking about relegation and how the new system isn’t working.

We are now a side that can turnover a top 6 side on our day but equally we could come unstuck against anyone.

I don’t think we will be top half but not bottom 3 either!

Let’s not carried away!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
... Leicester and Palace are currently occupying 3rd and 4th respectively on 14 points. With the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all dealing with their own issues, is this a season where we can aim higher than we have done before?

Just whisper it to your nearest and dearest this beautiful Sunday morning, post Spurs victory -
TOP 4 AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL AT THE AMEX UNDER SIR POTTER'S TUTELAGE IS WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE!.

'You may say that I'm a dreamer...'.

:bhasign:

P.s: As Rick James once said...

A dreamer? . . . I think you are bloody mad! We have won ONE game of fottball in what has been, up until yesterday lunchtime anyway, a pretty poor start to a season..

Yes I hope we climb the table a little bit, but I'm a realist, there is no way on earth we are capable of making the top 4 in English football the way it is currently set up. If we could omehow claw our way up to tenth, that for me would be a massive achievement.

You are getting more than a tad carried away me thinks. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mid table mediocrity is the most i am hoping for this season.

Keep the lid on chaps and keep flying under the radar.

But with style, rather than the anti football sometimes served up pre-Potter.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There is absolutely no reason to suggest we aren’t as good as Wolves were last season and they made Europe.

Even that is nonsense, we have had one good result, just ONE.

Post that again after Christmas and if we are still winning games l may start listening to you. What is everybody on this morning? Talk about getting carried away!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Few weeks ago Norwich beat Man City and their forum would have been full of similar comments to this thread I'm sure. Then look what happened to them yesterday! Great result for us and enjoy it as much as you can but keep your expectations realistic please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here