Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post Match Press Conferences

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Especially loving the comment about players not playing with fear.

Saw that yesterday by the fact we kept pushing and kept looking for more goals, even at 3-0.

Not sure we would have seen that last season.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I hold my hands up to being a sceptic (but not scathing) of Dale Stephens in past seasons, however he looks a completely different player this season and has been excellent in my mind. That has to be solely down to Potter and his coaching team.

Our individual and team performances so far this season are already showing how tactically one dimensional and limited CH was when you look at the tune GP is getting out of the same group of players and people will need to remember the positive influence GP is having when we go through our next ‘sticky’ patch !

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Love GP, and he’s spent a long time studying the psychological side of the human condition and installing confidence in players, taking them out of their comfort zones and yet every interview he gives when he’s seated his hand is always at his mouth, a sign of someone who is anxious or lacking in confidence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hold my hands up to being a sceptic (but not scathing) of Dale Stephens in past seasons, however he looks a completely different player this season and has been excellent in my mind. That has to be solely down to Potter and his coaching team.

Our individual and team performances so far this season are already showing how tactically one dimensional and limited CH was when you look at the tune GP is getting out of the same group of players and people will need to remember the positive influence GP is having when we go through our next ‘sticky’ patch !

Oh what a difference a week makes

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Ignoring the superb style of play he has started to instil, the main thing that comes across is how much he trusts the players and how much confidence he must give them. It’s not hard to see how any player would be in the right shape to produce their best for him. I think he’s someone who could manage really successfully in any industry.

untidy office though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Love GP, and he’s spent a long time studying the psychological side of the human condition and installing confidence in players, taking them out of their comfort zones and yet every interview he gives when he’s seated his hand is always at his mouth, a sign of someone who is anxious or lacking in confidence.

One of a billion body language myths.. one of the most common together with "when we lie we always look in x direction" and "crossing your arms means you are 'closed'". Many of these myths come from a book called "The Definitive Book of Body Language" that at first sight looks very convincing, but is based on nothing.

Instead, actual research shows that almost all "hand over mouth" gestures means that the individual is thinking. Sometimes it implies happiness or boredom, but very rarely anxiousness.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Seriously I wouldn't take too much out of that !

I love the block but he is not really PR savvy if you know what I mean - He will overcome those issues with the input of a PR coach ( it will happen ) who will help him overcome those little foibles !

GP is natural and great and I am delighted that we have him here and he is going to deliver for the Seagulls !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here