Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloody Commentators

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Unfortunately I cannot get to games and have to watch on the TV using Optus Sports, really good coverage. The commentators are doing my head in, they are stuck back in the embarrassing days of last season when the players were so shackled they were almost too scared to pass the ball. Every match so far has been about how the other side played. Last night was a classic even though we were bloody marvellous all they could talk about was how shite Spurs were, hardly a mention of the change to our style of football, no mention that although we have only 6 points we are now a team that has huge potential. So after the pundits had gone on and on about how bad spurs were some t*at said now we shouldn't ignore Brighton's part in this, all he could say was "well after this they will be 12th and only 2 points behind Spurs" that was it, that was the total discussion about our side, they went straight back to Spurs. Why is it that so many people both Albion fans and pundits are blinkered to the marvellous change in our performances. I can imagine the headline "BHA win Premier League", followed by an article discussing how bad the other 19 teams played that year.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can imagine the headline "BHA win Premier League", followed by an article discussing how bad the other 19 teams played that year.

If we were to win the PL (dream on I know!) the headline would actually be "Liverpool fail to win the league".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
TBF MOTD gave us a reasoned and in depth analysis and decided we were fecking brilliant.

“Brighton were brilliant” surprised us all.
And they dealt with that first BEFORE the Spurs were rubbish but.
And Connolly was rightly lauded. Do I remember rightly that Shearer said “perfect centre forward play” or something similar?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just KNEW that Shearer was going to wheel out his 'Absolutely Magnificent' stock phrase about Connolly's performance. He was right though.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
“Brighton were brilliant” surprised us all.
And they dealt with that first BEFORE the Spurs were rubbish but.
And Connolly was rightly lauded. Do I remember rightly that Shearer said “perfect centre forward play” or something similar?

This. I needed a bit of resuscitation after their comments.

Despite Shearer's abilities, or lack of, as a pundit, he was an excellent forward and that's high praise indeed for young Aaron.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
TBF MOTD gave us a reasoned and in depth analysis and decided we were fecking brilliant.

I was all ready to storm off in high dudgeon from the living room but was instead bowled over by the pundits comments. Gave a boost to an already amazing feeling! What a day!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Motd is good because it pretty much gives equal time to both sides in a match, and features every single Premier league team in its running time. Radio 5, on the other hand, really should be renamed Radio Big 6. On their Friday preview they gave 20 minutes to spurs and 20 words to Brighton, which were basically "Brighton is a difficult place to go to, they're good at home", which of course wasn't even true at the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here