Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we deserve to be third in the league?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
After the first 8 league games we currently sit 13th in the table with 9 points. There hasn’t been a single game yet when we got more points than the performance merited or where we’re lucky to get something. In four of them we certainly got what we deserved; nothing from City and Chelsea away and the wins against Watford and Spurs. You could argue we maybe deserved a point from the Southampton game but after going down to 10 men so early in that match it’s not clear cut so let’s focus on the other three matches. As far as I’m aware I think most neutrals would agree that against Newcastle, Burnley and West Ham we were the better side and deserved to win, rather than drawing those games. That’s an additional 6 points that we maybe should have and a total of 15 points at this stage would put us third in the table. I know that the table doesn’t lie etc and we didn’t win those 3 games due to failing to take our chances or convert our dominance into goals. But we have been the better side in 5 or maybe 6 matches this season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Any fewer points would represent some shit luck, another 2 or 4 points would feel about right, anymore than that would represent lady luck being an Albion supporter.

I reckon.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
After the first 8 league games we currently sit 13th in the table with 9 points. There hasn’t been a single game yet when we got more points than the performance merited or where we’re lucky to get something. In four of them we certainly got what we deserved; nothing from City and Chelsea away and the wins against Watford and Spurs. You could argue we maybe deserved a point from the Southampton game but after going down to 10 men so early in that match it’s not clear cut so let’s focus on the other three matches. As far as I’m aware I think most neutrals would agree that against Newcastle, Burnley and West Ham we were the better side and deserved to win, rather than drawing those games. That’s an additional 6 points that we maybe should have and a total of 15 points at this stage would put us third in the table. I know that the table doesn’t lie etc and we didn’t win those 3 games due to failing to take our chances or convert our dominance into goals. But we have been the better side in 5 or maybe 6 matches this season.

I fell asleep reading this :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree but theres 20 odd other teams saying the same thing

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Agree think we should of had another 4 points minimum 2 against west ham and 2 v Burnley stains done us 2 nil and can't argue with that but over the season we will get what we deserve and a 9th to 12th finish will suffice. To be the best 9th-12th team in the country if we do will be amazing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No, we don’t deserve to be third although without VAR, we might have three more points or so.

At the same time, Palace don’t deserve to be sixth. Fortunately their next 6 games are all against top 7 teams (who they’ve been stubbornly avoiding so far). I’m looking forward to them being in a much more realistic position come December 1st, can’t see them having more than 17 points by then.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With an even amount of fortune, I would see us on 12 pts GD 0

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No, we don’t deserve to be third although without VAR, we might have three more points or so.

At the same time, Palace don’t deserve to be sixth. Fortunately their next 6 games are all against top 7 teams (who they’ve been stubbornly avoiding so far). I’m looking forward to them being in a much more realistic position come December 1st, can’t see them having more than 17 points by then.

Since when has anyone from CPFC been in charge of deciding the PL schedule?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't agree as we didn't win those games. Should have taken those chances but blew them. We are where the rules of the game say we should be. Though I do think we will improve on it with consistency.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Please see below, since I know you all love xG... courtesy of our friends over at Experimental361

76A32C1A-DC92-4EEA-906D-5CB1C7032EBB.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here