Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone and Locadia

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Serious gonads shown by Potter getting rid of these two, but today was honestly the first day that his decision is looking the right one. We spent £35m on those two and for different reasons, they haven't worked out.

It is not just thatbConnolly and Maupay did the business today, but actually more important was that we didn't even use Murray. We can easily get by with these 3 until January imo.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Exactly. And their miserable faces in the dressing room would not help either.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Serious gonads shown by Potter getting rid of these two, but today was honestly the first day that his decision is looking the right one. We spent £35m on those two and for different reasons, they haven't worked out.

It is not just thatbConnolly and Maupay did the business today, but actually more important was that we didn't even use Murray. We can easily get by with these 3 until January imo.

We can but I would trust potter to get us by no matter what. He’s here as bloom has faith in the academy and potter has faith in youth to listen to him and play with freedom. Connolly and alzate will be worth more than 35 million by the end is this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Think it was around £20m as I thought Andone was £6.5m but decision was right

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Connolly > Andone
Alzate > Locadia

Brilliant, bold management. Getting rid of two players with attitude problems, bring in two phenomenally exciting prospects from our successful U23's. Amazing.

They’ve also got far more mobility and stamina than shown by Andone and Locadia. An irritation for opponents.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I said this weeks ago. Give me two guys with potential and a motivation to succeed than over two proven failures.

Some of the posts on here from grown men were absolutely embarrassing in late August, bleating as though we had released Messi and Suarez rather than Florin ****ing Andone.
So did I, and I concur with everything you say now - but regardless of what you and I thought, it wasn't our job on the line.

The bottom line is that Locadia was expensive and Andone scored some crucial goals last season. Putting his faith in kids to replace those two took some serious stones.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Progress.

Makes a change from, say, selling our best best player to pay a bill.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hands up, I was strongly against Andone departing and I was wrong.

Strong management by GP. The squad know now that they toe the line or they're out. They'll all toe the line

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Murray will be having a massive impact behind the scenes even if doesn't play much rest of this season

Some of Connolly's ways of getting the foul against him today were straight out of the Murray textbook of last few seasons

We could even find all three of them get goals in double figures this season

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They’ve also got far more mobility and stamina than shown by Andone and Locadia. An irritation for opponents.

When I saw the line up, I was surprisingly excited and had to pause to check. I felt that the last thing their CBs needed today was a wasp like AC buzzing around and SA looked like he had played plenty of top flight games given his performance at Newcastle.

Shipping out 'big' signings and promoting the kids was brave and a bit of a gamble. Balls of steel our Mr Potter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here