Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hugo Lloris

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I See the ‘good’ news is that he only dislocated his elbow, no fracture. I saw the pictures / replay and it looked horrible. Anyway not good to see any player get seriously injured, so hope he gets well soon. Good applause everyone as he went off.

Ps thanks for the assist....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I See the ‘good’ news is that he only dislocated his elbow, no fracture. I saw the pictures / replay and it looked horrible. Anyway not good to see any player get seriously injured, so hope he gets well soon. Good applause everyone as he went off.

Ps thanks for the assist....

Good to see he didn't kill anyone when pissed out of his mind and driving.

Oh and thanks for the goal.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder if the Spurs fans are so charitable after he made such a horrendous mistake.

Oh and thanks for the goal

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I still haven't fully understood what actually happened.

At the time I thought he was play acting through embrassment.

At which point did the injury occur? Did he concede because of the injury, or was just it just a freak blunder that coincided with the injury?

He was falling backwards after the initial drop, he puts his arms down behind himself to break the fall but his left elbow bends the wrong way, it’s pretty ****ing horrible to be fair :sick:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

At which point did the injury occur? Did he concede because of the injury, or was just it just a freak blunder that coincided with the injury?
As he fell back into the goal net (having blundered), he landed on his elbow and that whole arm moved in a really hideous unnatural way. It was on Twitter and is quite horrible to watch tbh.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Couldn’t see it from the north we initially thought he had knocked himself out on the crossbar or something daft. Injury looked horrible seeing it back hope he’s ok

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With hindsight he would have been better just falling back into the goal holding the ball, nasty freak injury hope he is playing again soon.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
From an Albion point of view, I'm glad that the goal wasn't because of his injury. From his point of view - horrible thing to happen to a keeper.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was watching the game at home, and it was obvious from the first replay that he'd absolutely ruined his arm at the elbow. The commentators didn't notice and kept showing it, over and over. It suddenly dawned on them what had happened and they stopped showing the replays. But it was obvious what happened, all his weight was on his arm which was trapped underneath him. It was horrific to watch in slow motion, which they showed at least twice. In the behind the goal shot, I thought you could see a flash of white through his very orange jersey. I might have been wrong, but as he was screaming in the shot, they didn't show it again.

Awful injury, he should have pushed the ball over for a corner kick and fallen into the net. But it's easier said than done, he's probably been in that position a hundred times and gets it wrong maybe 5 times. It was a wonderful ball from Gross, he bought a ticket and Maupay won the raffle for following in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought it was a poor ball from Gross

Don't let me find a quote of you praising Solly March's horrifically overhit freekick at Millwall last season... A spectacular goalkeeping error that day, and a spectacular goalkeeping error today. The common thread - whipping a cross into the box and seeing what happens. Pascal Gross whipped in a cross today which was finding it's way into the top corner, forcing an error. You buy a ticket, sometimes you win the raffle.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

At first I thought it was through embarrassment too but seeing the replay in slow motion is pretty horrific.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don't let me find a quote of you praising Solly March's horrifically overhit freekick at Millwall last season... A spectacular goalkeeping error that day, and a spectacular goalkeeping error today. The common thread - whipping a cross into the box and seeing what happens. Pascal Gross whipped in a cross today which was finding it's way into the top corner, forcing an error. You buy a ticket, sometimes you win the raffle.

Ha ha, fair enough

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I felt very guilty for initially thinking the only thing hurt was his pride :down:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A what? one in a hundred chance of that happening? maybe less? No it was a poor ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here