Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strangely muted?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure if anyone else has managed to post anything negative yet...

But, was it only me or did it not feel like the most raucous response to probably one of our best ever league wins..?

Guess it was a combination of 12.30pm and some disbelief but not many chants really got going including nothing much directed at the away end?

(In the same vein... Fair play to all those who summoned up a groan at 90+1 when Gaetan Bong misplaced a pass. Happy that eventually there was something for everyone in the Albion performance today...)

Highlight crowd-wise was “Graham Potter’s Blue & White Army” at the end - loved that. Helped that the ground was much fuller than usual at that point.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
“We’re taking the piss” came over loud and clear
Good to hear. Atmosphere must have been generally great and sure it sounded. ( I was/am quite drunk...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
"We're taking the piss, we're taking the piss, we're Brighton & Hove Albion, we're taking the piss" was also a highlight after the Ole!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"We're taking the piss, we're taking the piss, we're Brighton & Hove Albion, we're taking the piss" was also a highlight after the Ole!
Ole was good. And the Aaron Connolly song.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. A bizarre number of empty seats today, right around the ground (rugby / TV effect presumably).

2. So many left early. Why? It was an early kickoff and fine weather. The team deserved people sticking around until the end today.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I couldn't believe that so many people left early, it was an early kick-off, where were they going? I know it's a traditional whinge but today was special, wasn't it?

Madness. Yeah, the Amex is a bit of a pain to get away from at full time, but Christ, it was 2.25pm, where the f*** did people have to rush away to at that time during the kind of performance I never thought I'd ever see against opposition like that

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The North Stand was lively

Second half yeah, first half not at all considering the scoreline/performance. Maybe it was the early ko time, but today was the first time I started thinking that actually our home support is actually a bit shit these days compared to the early days of the amex. So many around me in the north not interested in singing at all - I swear it used to be much better not so long ago. For example we're the north stand/west stand chant. West stand dont get involved in that at all these days. Just 'we're the north stand/north west '

Long time so since anyone bothered “we’re the north/west/east stand etc” - but I kind of get what you were saying, a few more good results needed to get everyone used to being gloriously happy again

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Long time so since anyone bothered “we’re the north/west/east stand etc” - but I kind of get what you were saying, a few more good results needed to get everyone used to being gloriously happy again

Yeah, perhaps you're right. Been a long time since we won convincingly at home . maybe I'm being harsh :smile:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought we (fans) were pretty lively for long periods of the game. First home win in 6 months so some nerves but I thought the NS was up for it from my NW viewpoint.

And a fair bit of "You are f**king sh1t" along with the 'taking the piss' song.

Brilliant and the NS was pretty full still at the end and GP came over for a good clap last up.

Marvelous stuff.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Would anyone really choose televised rugby over us at home v Spurs? My guess is that with £45 for the cheapest adult ticket on the exchange and us firing blanks up front before today people decided against it... maybe

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Second half yeah, first half not at all considering the scoreline/performance. Maybe it was the early ko time, but today was the first time I started thinking that actually our home support is actually a bit shit these days compared to the early days of the amex. So many around me in the north not interested in singing at all - I swear it used to be much better not so long ago. For example we're the north stand/west stand chant. West stand dont get involved in that at all these days. Just 'we're the north stand/north west '

During the first half I was commenting on how much better our support was compared to Chelsea's home support last week (and generally other home support), I think we often do our home support a disservice perhaps expecting it to be like having 30k away fans.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Early kick offs always leads to a muted atmosphere for some reason, probably lack of drunk folk in the ground.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here