Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hats off to Potter

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
It’s been a few weeks coming but today he got the mix spot on everyone pitched in with a performance, took full advantage of a team in disarray the youngsters looked like they belonged. Couldn’t have asked for more came away with real hope for the next 3 games. Well done GP felt really proud today.

theboybilly

It’s been a few weeks coming but today he got the mix spot on everyone pitched in with a performance, took full advantage of a team in disarray the youngsters looked like they belonged. Couldn’t have asked for more came away with real hope for the next 3 games. Well done GP felt really proud today.
We've been playing well, by and large, since the start of the season. It hasn't been 'a few weeks coming'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter to Spurs?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have been threatening to do that to some team, and we'll do it again soon enough.

Under Potter, we are simply not going to struggle.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hate to bash Chris, but Connolly and Alzate would be on the bench at best and still in the U23s at worst.

Got to admire the cojones of GP to go with a teanager up front.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We have been threatening to do that to some team, and we'll do it again soon enough.

Under Potter, we are simply not going to struggle.

Got to agree. We will get a Hiding here or there but there will be more days like today and in general I expect there to be many more good days than bad. In potter we trust or should trust

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hate to bash Chris, but Connolly and Alzate would be on the bench at best and still in the U23s at worst.

Like you, as much as I don't want to go 'there' it's very difficult not to mentally wander off in that direction.

Seeing what turned out to be the first of many Hughton out- Discuss threads bounced, I couldn't resist a quick scroll through.

It feels like a large part of NSC has been arguing with another fairly sizable section around the words like, handbrake, stifled, shackled, et al.

Well at least it's now easier to explain.

'This is better than that'.

We're not gonna get 'this' every week.
But at least it's now an option.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Eight days ago stood in the stands singing "we've got Knockaert" because FA else to do. One shot on target, clueless up front, could have played for week and not scored. Another day, another oppo, an entirely different performance. You can't judge a team on last week, or this week. Think there is a need to take a bit of perspective at the halfway stage in December.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's the most convincing start to a managerial career in my time supporting the Albion

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

CH did a job and had a way to manage the team which kept up for 2 years but we defiantly needed a change. Potter naturally more balanced between attack and defence but defiantly more youth proactive and his faith is well rewarded in Alzate and Connolly both are premier league quality and more.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Got the impression some expected miracles in his first few games by the over reactions. Of course it was going to take time like anything new in life. I actually really enjoyed watching my team play today something I didn’t last season apart from the odd performance.

D

Deleted member 2719

We've been brilliant this season so far. The best yet. We've been unlucky with results until today.

We're going to do well this season.

Absolutely love Potter's unpredictable formations & lineups, as well as his faith in youth. We have been crying out for this type of manager for years.

Totally agree, sounds daft in modern-day football, but I want Tony to secure him for a very long time.
He is a more likeable Eddie Howe and he fits the Albion.:O

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Today we combined the way we have been learning to play under Potter with the high press Burnley used against us in last game

We no longer have a set first team ( who always got picked seemingly no matter what ) - we now have a "way of playing" that players rotate in and out of

And guess what 2 up front with pace gets you goals - never thought I would ever see us play two up front again

The most chuffed person in squad will I suspect be Murray as no longer personally required to score the goals to keep us up

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I will forever be thankful for what Chris Hughton did for our club, but wherever he watched that game today, he must be thinking to himself that his style of football has no place in The Premier League

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a world class manager and fantastic human being and everyone is going to realise it sooner rather than later.

He showed his class in Östersund, he showed it in Swansea and he will show it in Brighton as well. Yeah we had doubters in Swansea as well... it took about 20 games, Welsh national team debuts for Rodon, Roberts and James and magic transformation of players deemed as shit, too young or too old before the last doubters realised "ok, this guy is the real deal". It will be the same here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here