Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s referee - Jonathon Moss

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even after winning so comfortably did anyone else think he favoured the “top 6 team”? For example booking Stephens for blocking a free kick but not their player when he did it, letting them kick the ball away, ignoring/only yellow carding Dier ? For an off the ball incident, not joining in our goal celebrations

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why did he give a yellow for us blocking a quick free kick in the 2nd half when did nothing when they did the same in the 1st?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Decent game.

Not intimidated by ‘names’, Eriksen and Dier screaming in his face.

I’d like to see that potential Albion pen again.

I saw the game on BT. It was a foul. Not sure if it took place in or outside the box.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Not sure how many fouls Sissoko would need to commit to get a card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That **** of a referee should be nowhere near the Premier League.
Too slow, overweight and totally biased to the big boys.
As you said, he booked Stephens when they took the free kick from the wrong position and from a moving ball, and the booking of Dunk when he and Kane fell over each other was quite frankly rediculous.
I think that puts Dunky on four now, ban coming up.
I didnt have a good view of the Connolly penalty appeal and was following the play when Connolly got done off the ball.....but he didnt appear to call for VAR for either.
1st Class ****

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Massively!

I’m normally the last to criticise our referees as I generally think they’re excellent in this country but he was so obviously favouring Spurs, almost like he felt sorry for them.

He gave every 50:50 their way and the Stephens and Dunk bookings were an absolute joke.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Thought he had a poor game. Would love referees to be critiqued and scored officially after games.

Assuming things are the same as when I reffed County division games ten years ago, team officials from both clubs do score the refs after each game. How much weight is given to the managers' opinions varies, but it gives the clubs a vague sense that their views are listened to.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As you said, he booked Stephens when they took the free kick from the wrong position and from a moving ball, and the booking of Dunk when he and Kane fell over each other was quite frankly rediculous.
I didnt have a good view of the Connolly penalty appeal and was following the play when Connolly got done off the ball.....but he didnt appear to call for VAR for either.
1st Class ****

To be fair - I think he booked Dunk for holding Kane back by the neck when he was trying to get up quickly. Dunk wryly smiled at him, so I think he expected the booking.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He was embarrassingly slow and behind play.
I thought they were supposed to be fit.
Apart from that he had an ok game, but to be honest I don't care now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
1st Class ****

Otherwise, Chris, you thought he had a decent game? :lolol:

Sorry I was absent at Sussex CCC this year, must try and make some of their Quiz Nights this winter...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought before the game he'd favour them and so wasn't shocked when he went true to form.

He has an air of arrogance about him but has been frequently shown to be one of the worst for getting decisions wrong.

Terrible ref.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Even after winning so comfortably did anyone else think he favoured the “top 6 team”? For example booking Stephens for blocking a free kick but not their player when he did it, letting them kick the ball away, ignoring/only yellow carding Dier ? For an off the ball incident, not joining in our goal celebrations

Definitely a top 6 team ref.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here