Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Re-directed flights

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my brother today had an aborted landing in fog coming into Bilbao

got diverted to Toulouse,was hoping he'd be stuck as that's where I live (small world)

can't think of any personally

any stories on here

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Landing in Innsbruck in a blizzard 20 years ago. Just metres from landing, when we ascended very abruptly. Nothing said by crew at all.

Fifteen minutes later the captain announced “Ladies and gentlemen, we’re landing in Munich, apologies for that”.

Nothing else ever said.

Followed by a tortuous coach journey in the Friday afternoon traffic ski dash of Bavarians to the Tirol.

Jul 7, 2003
1991 we had taken off from Gatwick heading to Rhodes with British Airtours. We got diverted to Munich and spent a few hours parked up in a far corner of the airport before finally resuming our flight to Rhodes. Turned out, a BA flight over the old Yugoslavia had a missile go past its nose as the war kicked off their so they had to ground flights and find an alternative route to avoid the area.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The year We lost at home to derby at with dean after going ahead with a mcgammon goal. We were in Ireland playing golf. Missed our flight back to stanstead due to Jonesy being a plum, ended up on a later flight, coming into land at stanstead and got an aborted landing due to fog, 2 hours later ended up in Luton, with a coach ride back to stamstead where our cars were. Couldn’t fault Ryanair and how they handled it, even though we ended up in Luton.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Got diverted to Kansas City once. Stupid woman pretending to be sick until they called her bluff and said they would make an emergency landing and have her taken to hospital. She made an instant recovery, but they dropped her off anyway. Was quite funny at the time. We eventually got to LA but she probably didn't.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
A few years back I booked tickets from Stansted to Milan with Ryanair.
The cheeky fu****s turfed me out at Bergamo, an airport some 30 miles away from Milan.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Vietnam 1996. Took off from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue, maybe a 90 min flight. There was a storm at Hue. The pilot, an Aussie, tried to land three times, each time descending below the clouds into really turbulent air then rapidly ascending when we got close to the ground. He gave up not the third and we flew back and landed back at Ho Chi Minh City.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here