Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which Hospital

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Would they have taken the poor goalie to? Can’t imagine he’d be at the county sitting on a gurney???

What’s the protocol , Nuffield on alert for match days??

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I’d have thought the County, that kind of injury would have been given priority no matter where they went, it was horrendous. Not sure the Nuffield know how to deal with emergencies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought so, what happens regarding precedence, can’t imagine they’ll keep him waiting like the rest of us mere mortals[emoji23]

Especially with A&E packed with all the Saturday afternoon local football and rugby injuries.

I wonder if they give him a room for a bit of privacy from prying eyes, and for his security guy/s?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Assessed and treated at A&E and moved to a private hospital for the operation probably in London somewhere with Spurs surgeon of choice

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rushed in to A&E and a sweet nurse tries to calm him down, relax him whilst he's in pain. She looks him up and down, him dressed in that comedy kit, and says "what do you do for a living?"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’d have thought the County

Lloris: " Urrghh. Where...where am I?"
Doctor: "Try not to worry. You're in the County."
Lloris."F'sake. I was still in the Premier League when I went up for that cross."

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feel a lot of sympathy for Lloris, having suffered what appeared to be the same injury myself - snapping the elbow back to 90 degrees in the wrong direction - in my case on a cold February evening on a bone-hard pitch in Edinburgh. In my case, I wasn't so lucky - it was a council pitch, so the caretaker had locked the changing rooms after kick off, only returning just before full time. So I had over an hour to sit on a cold concrete step outside the door.
When the game ended, I was able with difficulty to change my bottom half, but no way could I get my shirt off. Fortunately, one of my team mates agreed to drive me to A and E - less fortunately he couldn't manage to f=get all the way there before he stopped off for a pint in his favourite (and very crowded pub full of jostling people. Eventually I got to A and E, and about tree hours after the accident I got my first paracetomol, or whatever sort of pain-killer it was they gave me.
Then they yanked my shirt off over my head. At this point I admit I finally did let out a little yelp. Guess we were tougher back in 1974.......!

Last edited:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm not usually squeamish, but just thinking how much pain he would have been in made me wince as I watched the replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here