Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was today our best starting 11?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looked a really well balanced side, all the partnerships looked effective, moved the ball quickly and looked both solid and dangerous

Propper and Trossard the obvious players who could come back and challenge that but what does everyone else think?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No it's not, but it depends on the formatIon And approach/opposition.

For today it proved to be perfect however.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Players taking their chances is something we haven’t seen for a long time at the Albion. Alzate, Connolly and Mooy were outstanding today

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't think it is.

Propper and Trossard need to be in there and if we're going to play 4 at the back I'd rather see Bernardo at left back. If we play with wing backs I think there's also a good argument for one of them being March.

It is very positive that we can do that to Spurs with three or four starters missing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No chance! Besides, it’s horses for courses under Potter.

What amazes me is by my reckoning, five of the players on the bench are short of match fitness/recovering from injury.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Who knows?
The same team could turn up against Sheff Utd and get beaten..

Personally I want to see Schelletto in this formation.
I am unsure about Montoya and have a suspicion the Greyhound could be a revelation under Potter

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think it is.

Propper and Trossard need to be in there and if we're going to play 4 at the back I'd rather see Bernardo at left back. If we play with wing backs I think there's also a good argument for one of them being March.

It is very positive that we can do that to Spurs with three or four starters missing.
Who are making way for trossard and propper?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No.... as great a performance as this was I would rather Troussard than Gross. He's quicker. 4 at the back with Burn at LB? Not sure. Burn is not a wing back. brilliant in a three yes. 444 wont work every week (if thats what we were playing...not even sure we can talk about one tactic anymore)

Propper versus Mooy... that's a toss up

Otherwise yes. :)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT;9094607 -444 wont work every week (if thats what we were playing...not even sure we can talk about one tactic anymore) Propper versus Mooy... that's a toss up Otherwise yes. :)[/QUOTE said:
Let’s hope no-one notices that we’ve got 12 players on the pitch!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Looked a really well balanced side, all the partnerships looked effective, moved the ball quickly and looked both solid and dangerous

Propper and Trossard the obvious players who could come back and challenge that but what does everyone else think?

Getting close. Need some more quality though. Bong needs replacing ASAP.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Gross is playing out of his skin at the moment and would leave him be , Trossard in for Mooy and Propper in for Alzate will be the changes made if any , it's just nice to have quality back up in all positions at last .

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't think so, It's hard to see a best 11 without Murray. Trossard looks to be our most creative option and Propper & March have done very little wrong all season. What we have now is different options and today we clearly saw a flat back 4 especially when out of possession which would lead me to mention Bernardo. I'd love to see a manager who adapts formation to outplay different teams. I'm buzzing from today

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Was today our best starting 11?

It wasn't before, but it is now

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Glenn who?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports