Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Spurs Assisted Brighton, no doubt about it”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
...so says Alvin Martin on Talksport

It begs the question, how many teams have we “assisted” in their victories down the years?!! :ohmy:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Today forget what all these pundits say. We know they are in the main big team groupies.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Today forget what all these pundits say. We know they are in the main big team groupies.

They can’t help themselves. BT sports post game was all about how bad Spurs were, including a montage of mistakes. 20mins after the final whistle they STILL hadn’t shown our goals. Instead, all the highlights focused on misplaced Spurs passes etc. It is so ridiculously biased in the media is it any wonder everyone follows a handful of clubs. Utter goons. I pity them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They can’t help themselves. BT sports post game was all about how bad Spurs were, including a montage of mistakes. 20mins after the final whistle they STILL hadn’t shown our goals. Instead, all the highlights focused on misplaced Spurs passes etc. It is so ridiculously biased in the media is it any wonder everyone follows a handful of clubs. Utter goons. I pity them.

**** ‘em.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I am waiting to see how MOTD shows it as 3 lucky breaks against the run of play.
Second half highlights will comprise Tottenham's first 15 minutes and Moura's attempts on goal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am waiting to see how MOTD shows it as 3 lucky breaks against the run of play.
Second half highlights will comprise Tottenham's first 15 minutes and Moura's attempts on goal

**** them as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's face it we are never going to get the recognition that we deserve this season unless we win 6 or 7 in a row and even then they will still say the other teams were poor

You know what I think?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was listening to talksport and early on they said we were playing like Man City.

**** ‘em. We’re much better.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking at it from a neutral point of view, our first goal was the result of Lloris dropping a clanger, right at the feet of our striker on the goalline. The second was a speculative flick that the keeper parried right back in the danger area, just in front of goal. The third is the only one that didn't involve spurs slipping up, but it was the third goal, coming as a quick counter to a team who are 2-0 down and pushing for the goal leaving themselves exposed at the back.

We dominated them. We deserved the luck/forced errors/smart placement, but the same can be said about the game v newcastle where our inability to find the net made all that possession count for nothing. The difference between today and st james' park were the errors tottenham made. Look at the comments about how it could have been more. We had the chances, but like in previous matches this season we failed to take so many good chances.

I don't mean this to take anything away from today's result (certainly nothing more than the said 'could have been more' comments takes away from it). It was a fantastic performance, we played like we belonged, and hopefully the result and performance gives the team the confidence needed to improve their efficiency in front of goal leading to lots more scorelines like this.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously, don't spoil your enjoyment of what was a magnificent performance and result by getting all indignant at whatever narrative is presented by whatever media you see, hear or read.

Just bloody enjoy it.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
We are the best team to have never beaten Chelsea now.
Be positive guys

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We ****ed Spurs today, Connelly's goal was world class against a quality side, let's not forget Spurs were Champions League finalist last season just let that sink in.. **** the pundits absolute moron's, top six cock sucking....#btsports #talksports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here