Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think that's the best I have ever seen Brighton play

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just posted on the match thread. 42 years watching, can't recall a more comprehensive and complete demolition of a decent side. Not just three goals, but almost in total control. I know we've been expecting us to thrash someone soon - but I didn't think it would be today.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just posted on the match thread. 42 years watching, can't recall a more comprehensive and complete demolition of a decent side. Not just three goals, but almost in total control. I know we've been expecting us to thrash someone soon - but I didn't think it would be today.

My thoughts entirely. 10/10 all round, everyone played well, both strikers scored, clean sheet, total football from start to finish. lovely battle between Dunk and Kane too.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Stunning performance. When we had that great passing move that included a Stephens back heel, I started to tear up.

Wonderful, just wonderful!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Absolutely fantastic result and performance from start to finish, we never let them settle with high pressure throughout the whole match. To a man that was the ultimate Albion team performance ever and showed that Aaron Connolly is going to be absolutely immense for us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely fantastic result and performance from start to finish, we never let them settle with high pressure throughout the whole match. To a man that was the ultimate Albion team performance ever and showed that Aaron Connolly is going to be absolutely immense for us.

It was like a reverse of last week when we were totally outclassed and panicked by the high press.

Hard to pick a motm for us, even though obviously it had to go to Connelly. Aside from it finally coming together in the final third I was particularly impressed at how competitive in the challenge we were all game, never once giving them the chance to settle.

So pleased for GP and the lads. Takes some pressure off as we finally reap the rewards in terms of 3pts for what I believe has been a fantastic start to the season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was like a reverse of last week when we were totally outclassed and panicked by the high press.

That is true. It will be interesting to see how Everton approach things. I don’t think this Brighton side should be allowed to play like that from a so called top 6 team......
Brilliant performance though.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

F*ckin JCL 😜 (Welcome back)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely THE best performance in my 44 seasons going. Against cocky internationals.

Passion, fight, trickery, near perfect decision making, pace, operating a high press in packs, concentration when defending.

From start to finish.

Will always remember this day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Definitely THE best performance in my 44 seasons going. Against cocky internationals.

Passion, fight, trickery, near perfect decision making, pace, operating a high press in packs, concentration when defending.

From start to finish.

Will always remember this day.

Spot on! When Aaron mooy is on his game he can run teams...today was one of them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Nice to see you back.

Don't blame you off the back of that performance!

Hope you stay for a while.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Superb.Alzate and Connolly will be massive for the club if we can keep them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here