Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Psychedelic Furs

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Anyone go last night? Not witnessed so many people walk out of a gig for years (myself included).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Sound was appalling. Performance was flat (maybe due to technical problems). A turgid mess. A lot of disgruntled punters in the pub.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Going to see them at The Roundhouse in London next Saturday. Hope things have been sorted out by then, whatever the problem(s).

They remain one of my favourite bands, although they haven't released an album for nearly 30 years, and rarely tour the UK (but tour the US constantly, where they are now based).

Most people probably only know them for the single 'Pretty in Pink' - which is a classic - but lots of their album tracks are brilliant too, although less commercial.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Anyone go last night? Not witnessed so many people walk out of a gig for years (myself included).

I've seen them way worse when the sound was ok (Sheps Bush Empire 2010ish)....Flakey band in the PIL/Adam Ant mould

More shocking was Wendy James, 53 going on 83! Has she had an uphill paper round since Transvision Vamp ?? :ohmy:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Nearly went for work. Sound can be a tricky one at the Dome. Were they any good? I love them but not enough to think I could stick an hour and a half of the first recent gig I found of theirs on YT. That's probably down to me being a moron, though.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Have to say I really enjoyed it as seemingly did everyone around me - agree band were a bit perfunctory probably due to initial sound problems but am still hoarse from singing to every song

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I loved it. Thought they were great, surprised they don’t get more high billing festival slots.

His voice is still good and Mars on the sax was excellent. Being billed as a 40th Aniversary Tour would perhaps of liked a bit more of the first Album.

They played a new track and new Album out in the new year apparently.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Have to say I really enjoyed it as seemingly did everyone around me - agree band were a bit perfunctory probably due to initial sound problems but am still hoarse from singing to every song

What amazes me is that people walk out of a gig and moan in the pub, while issues get sorted and the rest of the gig improves 100 fold...

Personally I'd rather be marvelled by India performed live than sitting in the pub moaning

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I loved it. Thought they were great, surprised they don’t get more high billing festival slots.

His voice is still good and Mars on the sax was excellent. Being billed as a 40th Aniversary Tour would perhaps of liked a bit more of the first Album.

They played a new track and new Album out in the new year apparently.

I loved it too and I enjoyed Wendy James and her band, I danced around to 'Baby I Don't Care'

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I loved it too and I enjoyed Wendy James and her band, I danced around to 'Baby I Don't Care'

I used to blast that one out in 1989 in the lanes of Sussex bombing around in my mums Renault Five. Wore out my TDK A90 mix doing so along with Roachford, Rebel MC and...Boy Meets Girl!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here