Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Sophie McKinna

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With all this excitement over Dina Asher Smith and Katatiba Johnson Thompson’s heroics at the Workd Champiknship a young British girl had been forgotten about.

Step forward Sophie McKinna, proof you don’t need a double barrelled name andfirst British lady to reach the shot put final since 1983.

:bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well played Sophie

Sophie+Mckinna+SPAR+British+Athletics+Indoor+1xAGwwu3PaNl.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She was spotted shot putting at the Norfolk county show throwing a shot which could qualify her for the World Championships. As there wasn't an accredited judge there, she was invited to take part in an athletics meeting.
Her first international competition and she qualified for the final.

More than the majority of us have ever achieved, but she's a large lady, so therefore game for ridicule by overweight middle aged men on a football forum.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
She was spotted shot putting at the Norfolk county show throwing a shot which could qualify her for the World Championships. As there wasn't an accredited judge there, she was invited to take part in an athletics meeting.

More than the majority of us have ever achieved, but she's a large lady, so therefore game for ridicule by overweight middle aged men on a football forum.

Great isn’t it. Holds down two jobs and gets no funding from GB ..... yet makes the worlds final so let’s all take this piss! FFS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Great isn’t it. Holds down two jobs and gets no funding from GB ..... yet makes the worlds final so let’s all take this piss! FFS.

Sanctimony alert!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sanctimony alert!

It’s not though is it.
She’s effectively an amateur in a professional world and instead of giving credit where it’s duo we take the piss because she overweight, something not uncommon amongst shot putters though through new training regimes this is changing. Maybe with funding she could benefit.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It’s not though is it.
She’s effectively an amateur in a professional world and instead of giving credit where it’s duo we take the piss because she overweight, something not uncommon amongst shot putters though through new training regimes this is changing. Maybe with funding she could benefit.

if you really want to look to be offended, you could actually argue that took I the piss because she was both overweight, and ugly.

The actually reason behind my post was probably neither. But it's not worth going into.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
........ overweight, something not uncommon amongst shot putters though through new training regimes this is changing. Maybe with funding she could benefit.

My wife and I were discussing this while watching the brief moments they showed of this competition. Some of the competitors are plainly just fat, others were relatively lithe and muscular. Does the extra weight (mass) actually assist with the momentum and propulsion.

This is a genuine question for anybody in the know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here