Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why is Dunk consistently overlooked by England?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So Pep clearly rates him more than Southgate.

If Dunk goes to City I’m laying a grand down on him making the England squad for the Euros.

How can Dunk join City before the Euros ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is the answer Southgate has a blind spot?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Is the answer Southgate has a blind spot?

IT's his stupid strict policy of selecting players who've gone through the International ladder of playing for the Under 8's and so on. I'm really not a fan of Southgate. Shite manager at club level, took far too much credit for what he did with the England youngsters and now seems to be portrayed as the next Wenger as if he's building something for the future for England all whilst not selecting England best players like Grealish, Dunk, Maddison and so on. These guys he's weirdly not picking aren't young and inexperienced so he has no excuse.

I think he's not selected his best players simply because he's trying to be different which could gain him loads of respect if it, against all odds, comes off. Unfortunately the risk of us cocking up like we did against a very average Croatia and nearly against a useless Columbia is for greater than the chances of the Southgate way bringing any success. But hey ho, he's a genius. We beat Columbia on penalties.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
IT's his stupid strict policy of selecting players who've gone through the International ladder of playing for the Under 8's and so on. I'm really not a fan of Southgate. Shite manager at club level, took far too much credit for what he did with the England youngsters and now seems to be portrayed as the next Wenger as if he's building something for the future for England all whilst not selecting England best players like Grealish, Dunk, Maddison and so on. These guys he's weirdly not picking aren't young and inexperienced so he has no excuse.

I think he's not selected his best players simply because he's trying to be different which could gain him loads of respect if it, against all odds, comes off. Unfortunately the risk of us cocking up like we did against a very average Croatia and nearly against a useless Columbia is for greater than the chances of the Southgate way bringing any success. But hey ho, he's a genius. We beat Columbia on penalties.

I’ve suggested before that he prefers players like himself: nice lads who are polite to the FA suits. Followers rather than leaders.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not when you look at the careless, costly f-ups by John Stones in trying to play the ball out last summer in the Nations League finals v Holland. Stones had hardly played for City for EXACTLY those type of repeated errors that Dunk had largely eradicated from his game 3 years ago.

But Stones is a Citeh player (even though Pep doesn't play him), so of course he's better than the likes of some centrehalf playing week-in, week out for little ol' BHA in the PL.

Southgates done well overall of course. But he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to picking CB's. Which is surprising given that he was one himself.

All this.

Southgate’s been good, but CB’s have been his blindspot.

10 England caps for error prone Michael Keane (constantly slagged off by Evertoninans), costly blunders for England. Tarkowski and Dunk are better.

Stones isn’t trusted by Guardiola, he’s being eased out, errors for England.

Mings is now flavour of the month, his racism stand makes him especially loved. Errors a plenty for Villa this season in 47 goals conceded. [He gave his faux VVD impression at the Amex, playing against 2 small strikers completely out of form].

We won’t win Euro20 and we will witness CB incompetence as a major reason.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If maguire and stones make the england squad southgate is a bottle job. Two donkey centre backs.

Coady
Dunk
Tarkowski

All better.

Tomori also makes a lot of mistakes like mings but has time on his side. Tomori is fourth choice now behind zouma from his mistakes so if he gets in southgate really has lost the plot.

Also he picks Declan rice who is terrible. Can’t pass, tackle or bully anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It really can't be anything to to with his footballing capability. Must have said something about Palace.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dunk has dropped off over the last few games but is probably affected due to having to cover his his partners frailties. Needs Duffy back with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here