Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There's a cricket forum I check occasionally and on there they are already taking the mickey by calling the teams by the snacks that sponsor them; the Pombears or the Skips etc..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’d love to know what Hampshire and Surrey fans think, seeing as they have a team playing at their grounds.

I imagine it’s much the same as us, i.e. what a load of shit. If that’s the case, who is actually going to pay to watch it in the grounds?
Farmers? Farmers mums?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
....oh my Christ.

Rise with Birmingham Phoenix, and thrive together as one. Bigger, brighter and better united, this team is a celebration of the strength in diversity. Because different is good.

London Spirit is an iconic team for an iconic city, rooted in tradition and lighting the way to the future, with a unique ability to conjure something special.

Manchester Originals. Pioneers. Revolutionaries. Celebrating a global city of firsts. Laughing in the face of limits. Raising the bar forever higher.

Step aside for Northern Superchargers, a team whose drive and determination is matched only by their desire to win. Powered by positivity and people who get stuff done when every ball counts.

Belong to something bigger, with Oval Invincibles. Vibrant, expressive, and free to play their own way, this team leaves a lasting impression long after the last ball.

Follow Southern Brave, and go boldly where others shy away. Endlessly curious, with an insatiable appetite for adventure, what’s over the horizon?

Join Trent Rockets for the biggest party in the country. Everyone’s invited - so long as you don’t mind having the most fun. Volume up, ready for launch.

Spark the Welsh Fire. Burning bright with intense passion and relentless energy, their hunger will prove the haters wrong. Get ready to feel the heat.

FFS

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Those statements read as if they were originally written in Japanese.

A bit like descriptions of pokemon characters.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Someones got some freeware design software

The-Hundred.jpg

Those logo inspirations in full. Budget hardware brand, 1970s ferry company, shit northern soul flyer, match puzzle, free badge with first issue of short lived teen sci-fi magazine, abandoned Thunderbirds spin off, 'Spikit' (using 6 different fonts) and microbrewery beer mat .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
....oh my Christ.

Rise with Birmingham Phoenix, and thrive together as one. Bigger, brighter and better united, this team is a celebration of the strength in diversity. Because different is good.

London Spirit is an iconic team for an iconic city, rooted in tradition and lighting the way to the future, with a unique ability to conjure something special.

Manchester Originals. Pioneers. Revolutionaries. Celebrating a global city of firsts. Laughing in the face of limits. Raising the bar forever higher.

Step aside for Northern Superchargers, a team whose drive and determination is matched only by their desire to win. Powered by positivity and people who get stuff done when every ball counts.

Belong to something bigger, with Oval Invincibles. Vibrant, expressive, and free to play their own way, this team leaves a lasting impression long after the last ball.

Follow Southern Brave, and go boldly where others shy away. Endlessly curious, with an insatiable appetite for adventure, what’s over the horizon?

Join Trent Rockets for the biggest party in the country. Everyone’s invited - so long as you don’t mind having the most fun. Volume up, ready for launch.

Spark the Welsh Fire. Burning bright with intense passion and relentless energy, their hunger will prove the haters wrong. Get ready to feel the heat.

FFS

Are they supposed to be cricket teams or motivational speakers?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Team names and kits are out:

Welsh Fire

Colours: Red

Players: Jonny Bairstow, Colin Ingram, Ali Cook

Theme Song: Delilah

Trent Rockets

Colours: Yellow and Crushed Velvet

Players: Joe Root, Harry Gurney, Steven Mullaney

Theme Song: Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

Southern Brave

Colours: Guava and Green

Players: Joffra Archer, Chris Jordan, Dan Pallett

Theme Song: I Gotta Feeling

Oval Invincibles

Colours: Mint Green

Players: Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Jason Roy

Theme Song: Titanium

Northern Superchargers

Colours: Purple, Burgandy and White

Players: Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid, Nick Gubbins

Theme Song: Sweet Caroline

Manchester Originals

Colours: Silver and Black

Players: Joss Buttler

Theme Song: Roar

London Spirit

Colours: Navy Blue, Black Trim

Players: Rory Burns, Dan Lawrence, Nick Compton

Theme Song: London Calling

Birmingham Pheonix

Colours: Orange and Pink

Players: Pat Brown, Chris Woakes

Theme Song: Cum on Feel The Noize

All feels a bit MK Dons. For that reason I'm out :shrug:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I have no affiliation to any teams other than Sussex and England so I can't squeeze out any enthusiasm for this at all, so I'm OUT!

This exactly. Though I'm not really fussed about England unless there is a Sussex player involved! I started watching cricket at Hove in 1967 and cannot imagine myself supporting a team other than Sussex and certainly not a bunch of mercenaries based outside our county playing a game only loosely based on actual cricket. Therefore, Marxo, I too am OUT!!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a farce. Nearly all 20/20 games are now sold out. Just when it is attracting more interest then ever they bring this circus out. Understand that because of this the 50 over competition will now be down graded to Academy players. You couldnt make this up. Sure it will bring millions in tv money for couple of years and then go with those at top of ECB

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is all part of a cunning plan by the ECB.
The ECB have been knocked back by the 18 counties many times when they have tried to reduce the T20 to 8 franchises based at test match grounds.
So to circumvent the resistance they have created an alternative competition with a slightly different format.
The ECB just need to run The Hundred for a couple of seasons and then decide to bring the competition inline with other international T20 tournaments.
They then have the outcome of an 8 team T20 franchise competition that they always wanted.
Farewell Sussex, Kent, Essex, Somerset and 6 other counties. You can have the scraps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here