Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is Level Boss Crodoism right here.

I'm sure there's a fabulous Crodoism in the OP but I just can't quite place it.

It feels like I've done all but one answer to The Times crossword in 4 mins 30 secs and the Countdown Clock has started.

Had he put the sponsors down I would have jumped on that but as they are real I can accept the songs are as well

Butterkist
Skips
KP
Hula Hoops
Tyrrells
McCoys
PopChips
Pombear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had he put the sponsors down I would have jumped on that but as they are real I can accept the songs are as well

Butterkist
Skips
KP
Hula Hoops
Tyrrells
McCoys
PopChips
Pombear
Neither the first or last letter of each line spells Ruel Fox, so we can rule that out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is easier to comprehend:-

The ECB has out Crodo'ed Crodo?

Or

Crodo has just press released his first morning's work in his new job at the ECB?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not surprised by the response because to be fair – and I'm generalising here – the average football fan isn't the target audience they're going for, is it? Isn't it aimed at women who traditionally aren't interested in sport and kids?

Maybe that explains why all the sponsors are crisp or snack companies?

Northern lot should've called itself the Powerhouse :thumbsup:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Ugh!

image (3).png

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Nope there will still be T20 too. As I understand it the ECB don't make TV money on the T20 format so have brought in The Hundred so they can own the rights wholly.

And then eventually kill off the T20 county game to replace it with a T20 franchise game involving these teams.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm not surprised by the response because to be fair – and I'm generalising here – the average football fan isn't the target audience they're going for, is it? Isn't it aimed at women who traditionally aren't interested in sport and kids?

Maybe that explains why all the sponsors are crisp or snack companies?

Northern lot should've called itself the Powerhouse :thumbsup:

I would go further than that and suggest that the target audience will be south Asian people /families who would perhaps not identify with the traditional first class counties, and want to recreate the IPL over here.
Not saying that's a bad thing of course, but they won't care what the likes of me and other typical Sussex supporters think, because we're not their market.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Read an article in which someone had done some market research and there was absolutely no evidence that women and kids were interested in The Hundred at all. ECB keep saying it and hope it will become fact eventually.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
England has needed franchise cricket for a very long time. Oddly, the women led the way but now the relatively successful KSL has been ditched for the 100.

Just about every other major cricket playing country has had franchise T20 cricket for a long time. The IPL led the way but IMO it has been overtaken by the BBL now. Presumably the BCCI will be banning Indian cricketers from playing in this franchise tournie as they have done all others!

TBH I only ever really paid scant attention to the T20 Blast as it is a shockingly poor competition compared to the IPL & BBL. I want to see the best players doing their stuff. Far from convinced this is going to be the answer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
England has needed franchise cricket for a very long time. Oddly, the women led the way but now the relatively successful KSL has been ditched for the 100.

Just about every other major cricket playing country has had franchise T20 cricket for a long time. The IPL led the way but IMO it has been overtaken by the BBL now. Presumably the BCCI will be banning Indian cricketers from playing in this franchise tournie as they have done all others!

TBH I only ever really paid scant attention to the T20 Blast as it is a shockingly poor competition compared to the IPL & BBL. I want to see the best players doing their stuff. Far from convinced this is going to be the answer.

I'm completely the opposite. I couldn't give a sh*t about the IPL or BBL. I have zero affinity to the Kolkata Knight Riders or the Melbourne Renegades. At a push I might watch the BBL because I have at least been to Australia and have friends and family there, but the only club team I'm really interested in is Sussex.

Maybe I'll dip in to this Hundred competition occasionally but I can't see myself getting behind a team. I'm curious to see if this will turn out to be a complete flop. I haven't heard anyone say a positive thing about it.

I assume this means county cricket is getting pushed to April and September. How are we going to be able to produce players capable of competing in test cricket?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Which is easier to comprehend:-

The ECB has out Crodo'ed Crodo?

Or

Crodo has just press released his first morning's work in his new job at the ECB?

Yup. I'm really not sure if Crodo has made all this up or it really IS from the ECB. If he hasn't made it up then yes, he's been working for the ECB all these years and the 100 is his baby. It's 100% Crodo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm completely the opposite. I couldn't give a sh*t about the IPL or BBL. I have zero affinity to the Kolkata Knight Riders or the Melbourne Renegades. At a push I might watch the BBL because I have at least been to Australia and have friends and family there, but the only club team I'm really interested in is Sussex.

Maybe I'll dip in to this Hundred competition occasionally but I can't see myself getting behind a team. I'm curious to see if this will turn out to be a complete flop. I haven't heard anyone say a positive thing about it.

I assume this means county cricket is getting pushed to April and September. How are we going to be able to produce players capable of competing in test cricket?

Quite, if I watch the IPL or BBL I don't think I have ever watched a full game, I have no idea which team is which or if they are from a particular place or not. Its basically free money to the big cricket player earners. Its basically TV dinner fodder, I cannot see any reason to watch it in person.

I can see many top players will play three tournaments a season to earn their top wages and not bother with proper cricket in future.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've heard this for a long time but I still don't understand what the benefit of franchises actually gives over the county system we currently have.

It will increase income (or so they hope)

None of this extra income will go to the counties or the development of cricket generally, as it will go straight out on players.

However if you are career chief executive wouldn’t it be great for you to be able to say in your next interview “At the last organisation I was at, I increased turnover by 300%”. That’s why we need the hundred.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here