Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you believe "VAR is biased shit"?

Do you believe VAR is biased (shit)?

• Yes

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 87 73.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just read, from an Albion fan sometimes of this parish, that VAR being "biased shit" is one of the reasons we are not better placed in the league.

This view surprised me. Presumably underpinning this comment is a view that VAR helps the big clubs and not the little clubs, although I'm struggling to think of a result-impacting VAR decision we've had against one of the big clubs we've played to date.

Is this a commonly-held view? Do you believe that VAR is "biased shit"?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course it isn't. Absurd comment from someone lacking the patience to wait for the truth to be revealed, or lacking the honesty to accept the truth when it goes against his wishes. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], you should simply have twatted him :lolol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can say many things against VAR, sucking the life out the game for example, but cant say its biased.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Do I think its biased towards the big clubs - no

Do I think the process could be better - yes! Especially in terms of explaining what is going on to people in the stadium and in the understanding of what can and can't be reviewed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just read, from an Albion fan sometimes of this parish, that VAR being "biased shit" is one of the reasons we are not better placed in the league.

This view surprised me. Presumably underpinning this comment is a view that VAR helps the big clubs and not the little clubs, although I'm struggling to think of a result-impacting VAR decision we've had against one of the big clubs we've played to date.

This is pretty laughable.

VAR is a pile of turd, but to claim is bias is erm... bias

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Dan Burn wants to continue to stand in an offside position, we're going to experience the downside of VAR.

It's only biased against players not clever enough either to not be offside, or to foul someone in a sneaky manner.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

No.

That would be because we don't score enough goals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Referees (some, if not all) have been biased in favour of the big cubs - unintentionally, subconsciously maybe, but nevertheless decisions do seem to frequently favour the big clubs. Same as some refereeing performances are definitely 'homers'.
These same referees are now sitting behind TV screens and making the decisions - s is it surprising that leopards don't change their spots? It's not down to VAR (shit though it is).

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Whilst I was previously an advocate for technology to help under pressure officials, VAR has resulted in a truly deflating football experience. It compromises the ecstasy and joy of being inside the ground when the ball goes in, when the world just erupts.

The Premier League need to act if they want to save football, to preserve the experience for those who matter above all: the fans.

https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?823-How-the-Premier-League-can-save-the-world-from-VAR

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It is biased to not make the refs look stupid as far as I can see. How many referee decisions have been overturned? Not tight offsides but penalty decisions given that shouldn't have been? They seem to love playing with MS Paint for 10 minutes to rule an eyelash offside as the ref/lino couldn't see that. But the threshold for "clear and obvious error" seems to be very high.

Not that any of this has affected us, mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My opinion has not changed.

There's nothing wrong with the laws of the game.
&
There's nothing wrong with VAR.

But you cannot have both - they do not coexist.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think so

The videos and computers clearly aren’t biased.

The refs that operate them are as terrified of being called out by powerful celebrity managers as the ones on the pitch.

The real bias comes in when they decide which decisions to review and which not to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here