Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Laptop?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thinking of getting a relatively cheap laptop. My 10 year old Dell all-in-one pc is dying and all I really use it for is music and photo storage totalling 200gb

Don’t really want a like for like replacement so have assumed a laptop will suffice.

Any recommendations or other ideas?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can you keep your music and photos in a cloud based system meaning you need little actual space and just need the means to view the photos and listen to music

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah could do - not done that before, but I guess I'd be looking at a cost for the volume I have?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah could do - not done that before, but I guess I'd be looking at a cost for the volume I have?

A quick look shows one drive storage only is £1.99 per 100gb a month - I have office365 which has 1TB storage included and I use Amazon for music so all in all about £150 a year

They are probably better options though

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I recently paid £40 on eBay for a 12 month license for Office 365 Home, which includes 6x 1TB cloud storage on OneDrive. The single user Office 365 Personal should be even cheaper.

A quick look shows one drive storage only is £1.99 per 100gb a month - I have office365 which has 1TB storage included and I use Amazon for music so all in all about £150 a year

Cheers chaps!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Depends on your needs. Even Currys sell a 4TB external hard drive for £87 - a damn sight cheaper than £150 per year, year after year (and a lot faster to access, too),
Obviously the risk is that a single drive is not as secure, but at those prices (even less if you look around online) you can buy 2 of them, and use the 2nd as safe storage..

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Depends on your needs. Even Currys sell a 4TB external hard drive for £87 - a damn sight cheaper than £150 per year, year after year (and a lot faster to access, too),
Obviously the risk is that a single drive is not as secure, but at those prices (even less if you look around online) you can buy 2 of them, and use the 2nd as safe storage..

I like this idea but are there any laptop recommendations ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here