Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fined,Carabao Cup,

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The EFL said it "wasn't appropriate" to expel Liverpool from the competition because of "mitigating factors".

I assume the mitigating factors are them being Liverpool. You can't kick them out. They're the victims.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They were hardly trying to cheat the system by playing some interstellar superstar from Barcelona’s first team!

Yeah exactly. In fact they wouldn't have minded going out of the competition like Brighton v Villa. Obviously someone made a clerical error.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The EFL said it "wasn't appropriate" to expel Liverpool from the competition because of "mitigating factors".

I assume the mitigating factors are them being Liverpool. You can't kick them out. They're the victims.

Be very careful with that line. Many people will interpret as you’re callously slurring the hillsborough dead. If you didn’t know therefore, you do now - it’s deemed to be extremely offensive whether you believe you’ve given or not. So best just avoided especially in football circles. :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Be very careful with that line. Many people will interpret as you’re callously slurring the hillsborough dead. If you didn’t know therefore, you do now - it’s deemed to be extremely offensive whether you believe you’ve given or not. So best just avoided especially in football circles. :thumbsup:

No, it's a slur at so many Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement. As if they've been hard done by and deserve to win all the trophies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I know it was the FA Cup, but West Ham weren't expelled for fielding an ineligible player against us. I can't remember how much they were fined.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder what the penalty is for feeling a weakened side (OK, we know everybody does it, but for fielding a weakened side to the extent that you're taking the p1$$)?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, it's a slur at so many Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement. As if they've been hard done by and deserve to win all the trophies.

No, that is not the origin as anyone who’s been following football for more than a few years knows. But you can take advice or leave it. I just think if you now know something and choose to potentially offend someone now you do, then well, that’s your bed. So when some scouser lies you flat out in it don’t say you weren’t warned! That’s all.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

I don’t feel entitled but I do find your last comment offensive.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just following the verdict that Sunderland received 5 years ago.

yep, oddly over looked, that was for 4 games.

funny tweet asking whether going through is the real punishment...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, that is not the origin as anyone who’s been following football for more than a few years knows. But you can take advice or leave it. I just think if you now know something and choose to potentially offend someone now you do, then well, that’s your bed. So when some scouser lies you flat out in it don’t say you weren’t warned! That’s all.

I apologise if it came across as offensive. It was purely based on a few Liverpool fans I've known over the years, who really get on my nerves. They seem to have some kind of chip on their shoulder about Liverpool being hard done by and deserving of winning everything. Not all Liverpool fans. I know plenty of decent ones.

It's got nothing to do with Hillsborough. I'm too young to remember much about it, as I was 5 at the time.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Put the saddo on ignore. He always pops up on NSC with his bile, a keyboard snide.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Southern gammon hating Scouse success? ??? Pathetic.

There are some iconic things about England that I feel good about. Our rich history of independent music. Out humour. Our open mindedness. Our idiosyncrasies. And Liverpool and it's football team.

I would like to propose that you can only criticise Liverpool FC if you also propose that English teams Eurexit the Champion's league amd the Europa league and that the England national side Fexit the European Championship and focus on the annual Home Championship (which, soon, will be versus Wales and Ulster). I expect many gammon would prefer that. In fact I suspect they would prefer it if the Albion stuck to playing in the Southern League. Keep it local, and that. Marry your cousin. FFS. :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I apologise if it came across as offensive.
Firstly I'll point out that I wasn't offended, but as soon as I saw the comment I thought of Hillsborough.
It was purely based on a few Liverpool fans I've known over the years, who really get on my nerves. They seem to have some kind of chip on their shoulder about Liverpool being hard done by and deserving of winning everything. Not all Liverpool fans. I know plenty of decent ones.
I think that can apply to fans of a few big clubs. Self entitled twats the lot of them. However, we don't call Leeds fans, Villa fans (etc) victims. The victims comment just reminds me of the outrageous and unjust accusation that Liverpool fans died through their own fault. I doubt (willing to be corrected) the term was ever used before the Hillsborough disaster.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Two of the worst stadium disasters ever involved Liverpool fans, and both within a few short years of each other. Unfortunately some choose to directly lump the two events together, and the "always the victims, its never your fault" jibe is something that has still endured amongst certain fans, who wield it in order to antagonise. Not a line I'd ever choose to cross, it goes way beyond the bounds of acceptable "banter", but then some people seem to think anything goes.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
EfL not chucking them out and potentially missing out on them making the final !!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I apologise if it came across as offensive. It was purely based on a few Liverpool fans I've known over the years, who really get on my nerves. They seem to have some kind of chip on their shoulder about Liverpool being hard done by and deserving of winning everything. Not all Liverpool fans. I know plenty of decent ones.

It's got nothing to do with Hillsborough. I'm too young to remember much about it, as I was 5 at the time.

It is an interesting choice to choose to define Liverpool fans on the basis of the negative ones you have known rather than the decent ones.

One can't help but wonder if, in fact they cannot be judged as a homogeneous whole, rather there are a wide range of opinions and attitudes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here