Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dianne Abbot- Marvellous

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What a great achievement in becoming the first black woman to take the lead in asking questions on behalf of her party in PMQT. What an endorsement of our fantastic multicultural country we all live in and love so much.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Could never associate Abbot with 'marvellous'.

And that's from someone who is married to a non white wife for 24 years and got mixed race teenage daughter.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Been a bad couple of days for ethnic firsts with Javid crowing about the being the first Asian in Downing Street. Not the double act you want to be the first.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, a black woman taking the lead at PMQT is a good sign of progress. It's just a shame that the one concerned is such a shocking example.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What a great achievement in becoming the first black woman to take the lead in asking questions on behalf of her party in PMQT. What an endorsement of our fantastic multicultural country we all live in and love so much.

She must be a good bet for PM if there is a no-confidence vote and Jezza decides to step aside for the sake of national unity. I can't see anyone else in the running.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
She must be a good bet for PM if there is a no-confidence vote and Jezza decides to step aside for the sake of national unity. I can't see anyone else in the running.

Then we'll be royally F*CKED and the last 3 1/2 years will look like the best run country on the planet.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Are you having a laugh? She's an absolute joke, her lofty position owes everything to her skin colour and nothing to her ability as a politician. She's an absolute liability off the top of my head I can think of 3 incidents:

The time she didn't know how much the additional Police would cost that Labour were going to recruit if they won the last election, she quoted a ridiculously small figure.

Her getting torn to pieces by Dermot Murnaghan on Sky news post London terrorist attacks, when he asked her if she had read a recent report, she said she had even though it was obvious she hadn't. Worth a watch on Youtube.

Her 'whites like to divide and rule' quote post Stephen Lawrence trial. If a Tory MP said that he would be arrested for a 'hate crime.'

She is an absolute joke and shouldn't be anywhere near PMQ's. Compare her to high calibre speakers and Politicians like Heseltine and Margaret Thatcher.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Keir Starmer is the only highly credible politician on the current Labour bench IMHO. Next Labour leader, again IMHO.

Especially as he is white and public school educated. Diane Abbot is the most trolled and receives more abuse online than all other MPs put together. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew I could rely on the older white male dominated NSC to pile in!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I thought Raab gave her an extraordinarily gracious and respectful eulogy (before he no doubt ripped into her :lolol: - I heard only a clip).

Credit where it is due for showing a bit of class.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Been a bad couple of days for ethnic firsts with Javid crowing about the being the first Asian in Downing Street. Not the double act you want to be the first.

Don't forget pritti Patel and her cries for stopping freedom of movement. Fascism at work right under our noses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*cough* Starmer *cough*

(FFS :lolol:)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where's Corbyn, then?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've no strong views either way, but surely celebrating this "because she's black" is completely taking away from her personal achievement here, surely?

Does it make any difference what colour she is? If she's got there on her own merit, why attribute anything to her skin colour? You could then bring up the fact she's a woman, or she's slightly overweight, or wears glasses - "Go short-sighted tubby ladies.. Yay.."

The more you bring up skin colour, the more it becomes an issue, the more it can divide people - wether they admit it or not.

If no mention had been made of colour, I'd never have even thought about it. I'd have just thought "a shockingly bad politician is speaking in parliament" and absolutely nothing else. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here