Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs hammered 2-7 at home, will there be a backlash on Saturday

Will we be on the end of a Spurs backlash?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or will we take advantage and compound their misery?

I saw that result and then remembered that we play them on Saturday?

What think you? That is one hell of a thrashing at home in a Cup competition, the fact that an ex Arsenal player scored 4 makes it worse.

Have we caught them at the right time or totally the wrong one?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
If we can get a couple of injuries back we might be able to exploit their frailties, but I fear a 1-2 away win with the focus on Spuds 'papering over the cracks' and us getting a 4 second mention by some washed up old no mark on MOTD

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems something not right in Tottenham camp, not mentaly strong. if we get a goal early might get a result. otherwise i fear we'd be overrun by better team on a mission.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If Davy and Solly are back we may have a chance.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Need to play without fear on Sat, they ain't that good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After last night BG might even dust off his Albion scarf.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Recovering from a European tie is difficult anyway statistically even if you win. I think they’ll find it hard Saturday, it will be more a boost to us than a backlash for them. I’ve gone for a draw.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to play without fear on Sat, they ain't that good

It’s the playing without fear bit that worries me. Spurs will probably love going toe to toe with a team who are inferior in every position. I think we need an early goal and just maybe their current mental fragility will kick in. I fear a thumping if they take the lead and we keep failing to take chances.

I hope we go out and shoot on sight not our usual trying to walk it in or pass responsibility. Time for the midfielders to chip in with shots when the opportunity arise. I imagine Murray, Maupay and Connolly (in whatever combination GP goes for)would thrive on spilt or parried balls :thumbsup:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Despite their problems, Spurs are still quite good going forward.

And we don’t have Kimmich running our midfield or Gnabry and Lewandowski up front.

Still think it will be a struggle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At least we're going to play them too soon for them to get the new-manager-bounce by Saturday! Of course, there's always the caretaker-manager-bounce to worry about..........................

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It will be interesting. If they can't raise themselves to beat a toothless bottom six club then they've got real problems.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
seems something not right in Tottenham camp, not mentaly strong. if we get a goal early might get a result. otherwise i fear we'd be overrun by better team on a mission.

I've heard that one of the players has been caught doinking a team mates wife and half the team aren't even talking to each other. ???

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I usually look forward to our games at the Amex but have no idea what to expect on Saturday!

The only upside is that we can't play as badly as last night again surely (famous last words).

At least i will have had a good pie whatever the outcome.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've heard that one of the players has been caught doinking a team mates wife and half the team aren't even talking to each other. ???

Excellent, that's exactly what the players need to know, make sure you tell Dale at lunch today, I'll tell Pascal, so they can give it a bit of verbal on the pitch, try and induce a bit of Zidane retaliation. It'll be easier vs 9 players.

All we need to do is wear our shooting boots on the day and its job done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here