Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dallas cop guilty of murder

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I do not think she helped herself by not doing much to try to save him, texting her policeman boyfriend rather than performing CPR, and although she claimed remorse sexting her boyfriend two days after the killing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Terribly sad all round. None of it makes any sense though.

White US cop kills black person....what are you struggling with?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m surprised the defence hasnt mentioned just what ice cream he was eating....... pretty provocative I’d say if the true flavour came out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you misunderstood me. The explanation she gave was so strange to me it suggests she is proper mental or was shitfaced.

:thumbsup: I was being sarcastic, not to you, but towards the tiresome white US cop shoots dead black person scenario.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
White US cop kills black person....what are you struggling with?

This particular killing is so wild you don't even need to add race to it.

"Cop off shift enters strangers home and shoots them dead for being there."

It does say an awful lot about how screwed up the world is when we are pleasantly surprised to see a killer get given murder though, because we're so used to these white cops being allowed to just kill black people at will.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It took the NYPD nearly 5 years to dismiss Daniel Panteleo. He was the officer who used a banned chokehold on Eric Garner resulting in his death.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This. Because shirley we all struggle with coming home from a shift at work and confusing our own flat with the flat - and the bright red doormat - of our neighbour :rolleyes:

I can't tell you the number of times I've done this and accidentally shot my neighbour in the head. I'm such a doofus. :dunce:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would want to know more details before commenting - like did she actually know the guy or have any issues / arguments with him etc. Seems very odd but very sad. Let’s hope justice was done.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This. Because shirley we all struggle with coming home from a shift at work and confusing our own flat with the flat - and the bright red doormat - of our neighbour :rolleyes:

Sounds unbelievable but last week I was in tesco car park and getting the hump that I couldn't open my car as the key fob wasnt working. I thought the battery was dead and the key wouldn't work in the lock either.

I was a few seconds away of kicking it in anger when I realised it wasnt my car. I drive a bright blue ford focus and I was trying to open a light blue Ford focus.

My car was in the next row along. So I understand how it could happen, once your mind is concentrated in that situation you dont notice the main problem.

But I cant say I would have taken a gun out and shot the car though.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Jury have imposed a 10 year sentence.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Would want to know more details before commenting - like did she actually know the guy or have any issues / arguments with him etc. Seems very odd but very sad. Let’s hope justice was done.

I don't quite follow. Are you saying she should have maybe got a more severe sentence?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds unbelievable but last week I was in tesco car park and getting the hump that I couldn't open my car as the key fob wasnt working. I thought the battery was dead and the key wouldn't work in the lock either.

I was a few seconds away of kicking it in anger when I realised it wasnt my car. I drive a bright blue ford focus and I was trying to open a light blue Ford focus.

My car was in the next row along. So I understand how it could happen, once your mind is concentrated in that situation you dont notice the main problem.

But I cant say I would have taken a gun out and shot the car though.

You say this, but what if the car was black?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Terrible story. American police sometimes are racist I completely agree, but I think there is also a genuine fear of violent black crime in America From white people because they see so much of it reported on and so many areas in the states are literally no go areas if you are white. Lots of it is gang related. I think young black men in America and to an lesser extent in the UK as well are Getting involved in violent crime for many reasons. Some of it is because of their family circumstances , they are less likely to have a father at home according to the statistics so lack a male role model. Black culture especially through some music can glorify violence that doesn’t help and the fact some black Americans don’t feel they are treated fairly by the white establishment in America doesn’t help either.

There is no easy solution, lots of mistrust and fear on both sides. Wanted to add this affects almost exclusively the youths who haven’t done well at school and don’t have jobs not the more middle class young males who are well assimilated into mainstream society and are not part of the gang culture.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It was a very bizarre day yesterday. I was flitting between live broadcasts on YouTube from the Dallas Courtroom and the very moving Houston (almost like a State) funeral of the Sikh policeman shot in the back by an irate white motorist. Same Texas State and both linked by the gun culture which permeates the USA. Both victims considered more than model citizens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here