Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bacon Back On The Menu

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not really news, except an acedemic source telling us what we know. health impacts across populations dont necessarily mean much for individuals. later in article gives example, triple amount of red meat means incidence increases from 0.4% of population to 0.48%.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
not really news, except an acedemic source telling us what we know. health impacts across populations dont necessarily mean much for individuals. later in article gives example, triple amount of red meat means incidence increases from 0.4% of population to 0.48%.

But a lot of us mere mortals like me aren’t as clever and articulate like you, so when we are told it’s bad for you we believe it [emoji23]

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Not really a U-turn, just a study coming to different conclusions. It’s not as if the scientific community have agreed to all change their minds.

Quite often headlines are generated on the back of one-off studies, where if you dig into the detail do not have statistically significant findings.

I will take my bacon on white bread with brown sauce please, but just as an occasional treat.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not really a U-turn, just a study coming to different conclusions. It’s not as if the scientific community have agreed to all change their minds.

Quite often headlines are generated on the back of one-off studies, where if you dig into the detail do not have statistically significant findings.

I will take my bacon on white bread with brown sauce please, but just as an occasional treat.

Exactly. Science reporting in the mainstream news is generally awful.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm allergic to bacon.

It's brings me out in rashers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great news for our household..!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cancer v Bacon.

Not exactly a fair contest is it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
image.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've been avoiding red and processed meat for the past two to three years, environmentally it's better to but I may have the odd sneaky bacon butty! (brown sauce, of course)

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield

Lets eat to that!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here