Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Ever gotten a tattoo and can't remember getting it?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
No. I have no problem with other people having tattoos but they’re not for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Twice... woke up, felt a slight numbness in my arm/leg and immediatly realised. "Fck!".. both are fine though so I ended with a sigh of relief. My blackout drunk self seems to be a decent decision maker.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Not exactly. Got a "temporary tattoo" though from a place in Haywards Heath when I was 18 that was supposed to last a max of 3 years while I decided if I wanted it as a permanent one, and nearly 30 years later it has barely faded. Luckily it's not too horrendous and is hidden.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
2804201582_3a04713326_z.jpg

Older man with tattoos

Remember that people with visible tattoos will someday become older people with visible tattoos.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2804201582_3a04713326_z.jpg

Older man with tattoos

Remember that people with visible tattoos will someday become older people with visible tattoos.

As you are talking about a very large number of people, it will be the norm. Years ago old men didn’t wear jeans and trainers as a fashion item now it’s the norm :shrug:

Tattoos are here to stay, as are jeans and trainers on old men :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
They're not called twattoos for no good reason ....

I'm intrigued by these people - they are [obviously] happy to decorate their skin for life so do they ever re-decorate the homes they live in or do they stick with that for life too?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Does it matter what people have / do? As long as they like it and as long as they are happy.

Nearly always it absolutely doesn’t matter. I once had a guy turn up for an interview for a sales job selling point-of-care diagnostic equipment to hospital consultants; he had “LOVE” & “HATE” inked on his knuckles. My judgement was that that would be likely to impede his sales effectiveness to that customer base.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
As you are talking about a very large number of people, it will be the norm. Years ago old men didn’t wear jeans and trainers as a fashion item now it’s the norm :shrug:

Tattoos are here to stay, as are jeans and trainers on old men :smile:

wiki: 36% of people between the age of 18 and 29 have at least one tattoo. 72% of adults with tattoos have tattoos that are usually hidden by clothing.

72% of 36% have tattoos hidden by clothing or non-visible tattoos. So by the time those between 18 and 29 are older adults only 10% (28% of 36%) will have visible tattoos. There maybe another 1% that get visible tattoos after age 29. I don't think 10-11% is that great a number of the population or common.They are here to stay but not that overwhelmingly common among older adults in the future.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Tattoo thread bingo, 1 more for a line.

I can always rely on [MENTION=3125]Shropshire Seagull[/MENTION] for a "twattoos" comment though, every single tattoo thread he is like a moth to a flame. :smile:

Indeed, I am nothing but consistent and predictable when it comes to this "self-harming / defecating body artwork" and I make no apology for this ...

To me, it's graffiti on a personal level, something you will have to look at EVERY day for the rest of your life - for those who have them done in places where they can only see them with a mirror [back & ar$e] must be for someone else's benefit. Really, how do they know what others might delight in body-art? It has a shared conversation point, but there are so many other topics that could be used instead.

I just don't get it - and so for that reason, I'm out !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here