Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2019

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He has the sales technique of a dodgy perfume seller on Oxford Street.

Quite probably but he has continuously sold things as pointed out by Claude, next week is buying things so perhaps he will meet his Waterloo

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's a big mouth.

He pretty much bungled everything.

This was on the back of last week's disaster.

He cannot focus his enthusiasm and you can't get away with making it up as you go along. He's probably a sound enough fella in real life.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Losers on 400k+ isn't actually a bad figure. Blown away by 1.2mill though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I suspect as Surrr Alan sees someone very similar to him when he was younger.

. . . could well be the major reason. To be fair though I find it hard to dislike Thomas, he may well be uncultured and abrasive, but he can sell snow to eskimos. He will be around for a few weeks yet l think.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He's a big mouth.

He pretty much bungled everything.

This was on the back of last week's disaster.

He cannot focus his enthusiasm and you can't get away with making it up as you go along. He's probably a sound enough fella in real life.

Sound, but I fancy a tad boorish.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure what the bit was at the end when Sralan went to the house to give them the next task, felt a bit weird. Normally that's the start of the next episode.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They seem to have 'designed' 2 bikes almost identical to bikes already produced by Raleigh:

https://www.raleigh.co.uk/21024-strada-elite-electric-grey

https://www.raleigh.co.uk/hbevo-evo

It's almost as if the task was actually to chose a new colour for a bike and sell some to retailers with an existing purchase history of said bike. You'd think that would be pretty difficult to f*** up, so hat's off to the losing team.

They were selling to an open door emerging sector. They couldn't fail really.

I know we don't see it all but the thought processes were terrible.

The twit had a 'one size fits all' but couldn't see it or how to market it. And as for combing that with those outfits. Stone me. Squeaky had the commute/minimal store space on but see that instead getting all dreamy about one bird that might have a certain lifestyle. What with insane parking at station prices, I can see how squeaky won.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Best bit of last night's episode:

Sralan: "Why's it got a bleedin' rocket on the front? Who's the target customer - Kim Jong-un?"

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Choosing a neutral colour, perhaps silvery-grey could have helped. Rather than perhaps calling the bike "Boundary", I thought "Bounder-E" would have been a good idea? Look out for me in the next series! :nono:
Rob Beckett hanging on by a thread. Minnie Mouse somehow smashed it!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
All a bit ridiculous last night. Both products were a disaster yet they took a combined order value of £1.5m. Nonsense

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quite probably but he has continuously sold things as pointed out by Claude, next week is buying things so perhaps he will meet his Waterloo

Thomas needs to go. He is a one-trick pony, he has lost every week. He is loud so talks over more able people, while other people sell less because he tends to take over.

Sugar needs to get rid of him to give other people a chance to show him what they can do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
. . . could well be the major reason. To be fair though I find it hard to dislike Thomas, he may well be uncultured and abrasive, but he can sell snow to eskimos. He will be around for a few weeks yet l think.

This. Plus he's a man after Sugar's own heart, with the Cockney barrow boy background. Thomas proved in the early weeks that he really can sell, something the statuesque ditherers were hopeless at.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This. Plus he's a man after Sugar's own heart, with the Cockney barrow boy background. Thomas proved in the early weeks that he really can sell, something the statuesque ditherers were hopeless at.

I think Sugar knows he's making a TV programme, Thomas is on the reality TV "journey" and he's getting viewer traction. At this point of the series Sugar usually gets rid of the passengers and wallflowers, and I think he was right to bin off Lubna last night but I'm rooting for Thomas because one more slip up and he's toast.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Sugar knows he's making a TV programme, Thomas is on the reality TV "journey" and he's getting viewer traction. At this point of the series Sugar usually gets rid of the passengers and wallflowers, and I think he was right to bin off Lubna last night but I'm rooting for Thomas because one more slip up and he's toast.

Is the right answer. Thomas has us all talking about him on this thread. I have watched all 4 episodes so far and last night I thought "Who is she?" when Lubna was nominated.

Sugar always get rid of the anonymous ones at the start of the process. Thomas will be ditched just before the end as he won't want to waste £250,000 on him.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Sugar always get rid of the anonymous ones at the start of the process. Thomas will be ditched just before the end as he won't want to waste £250,000 on him.

Oh I don't know. Sralan will need to buy a lot of fruit and veg off of some cockney barrow boy to supply the almost inevitable Veganism based start-up at the end of the show...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For the humour and chaos, I often wish that the fools and obnoxious would stay in “the process” longer each series. Ryan-Mark comes across as a conceited NON-team player doomed for failure, Marianne unnecessarily confrontational and a paragon of virtue, and Iasha as weak as water. But we need them to stay for the calamities and arguments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here