Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2019

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Rob Beckett survives yet another week. Ryan-Mark says he guarantees that he'll put himself forward for P.M. next week. Should be fun. He's probably hoping the task is to do with camping?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rob Beckett survives yet another week. Ryan-Mark says he guarantees that he'll put himself forward for P.M. next week. Should be fun. He's probably hoping the task is to do with camping?

Task is putting on a corporate day on a steam train - fine dining etc

There is something eminently annoying about Ryan-Mark to say the least

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Task is putting on a corporate day on a steam train - fine dining etc

There is something eminently annoying about Ryan-Mark to say the least

Yes there is but although she was quiet this week that Lottie really pisses me off, a nasty, clueless individual who understands nothing about managing, motivation and working as a team.

Steam train task?
Cockney meathead should do well, he looks just like Casey Jones.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes there is but although she was quiet this week that Lottie really pisses me off, a nasty, clueless individual who understands nothing about managing, motivation and working as a team.

Steam train task?
Cockney meathead should do well, he looks just like Casey Jones.

Lottie is a total head case, "I have the ear of Lord Sugar" she told others which was basically being mauled in the boardroom. How a librarian got on this is beyond me

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What really annoys me is that they tease a clip from the next week's show at the start of each week's opening titles - so you have an immediate spoiler. Lottie was shown on a train during the opening titles this week, which meant that she was avoiding the cannon again. It doesn't spoil which team wins the week, but it does tell you who is definitely not getting fired.

I have no idea how the clueless and fairly clearly stupid Marianne didn't get fired this week. She was awful without any redeeming qualities at all. Frankly, I was hoping for and expecting a hattrick of firings this week. None of those people deserved to survive.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surprised nobody has commented on the stupid nature of this week's task. What is the point of the task if the winner isn't quantifiable beyond Sugar simply deciding one was better than the other? They even had experts who were pitched to in this one- why didn't they get to make the call?

Agree with most on here. I hope Lottie and/or Ryan-Mark both get binned off. Lottie is competent but a horrendous people person with no management skills - you can't run a business like that, and Ryan-Mark is a tiresome, devious no-mark who adds very little to any task he partakes in. You wouldn't even know he was there if he didn't stand out with his shouty, camp drivel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There has been a lack of multiple firings so far, which suggests to me sooner or later there'll be an absolute blood-bath somewhere.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lottie Lion

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surprised nobody has commented on the stupid nature of this week's task. What is the point of the task if the winner isn't quantifiable beyond Sugar simply deciding one was better than the other? They even had experts who were pitched to in this one- why didn't they get to make the call?

Agree with most on here. I hope Lottie and/or Ryan-Mark both get binned off. Lottie is competent but a horrendous people person with no management skills - you can't run a business like that, and Ryan-Mark is a tiresome, devious no-mark who adds very little to any task he partakes in. You wouldn't even know he was there if he didn't stand out with his shouty, camp drivel.

There are a lot of abritrary tasks though, it's hardly unusual for Lord Al to make the decision based purely on theory. Like when they produce some product and get "orders worth £1million" - it's not true, it's theoretical orders for a product which doesn't exist. With the e-Bikes, Halfords could have placed an order of 10 million bikes at £1k per unit paid in full with Monopoly money if they'd wanted. No money changed hands, or would do.

The best tasks are the ones with tangible results, not the theoretical ones which may or not have actually borne any fruit.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Lottie is a total head case, "I have the ear of Lord Sugar" she told others which was basically being mauled in the boardroom. How a librarian got on this is beyond me

Are you trying to say that she has Lord Sugar's (library)-card marked?!! :)

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Choosing a neutral colour, perhaps silvery-grey could have helped. Rather than perhaps calling the bike "Boundary", I thought "Bounder-E" would have been a good idea? Look out for me in the next series! :nono:
Rob Beckett hanging on by a thread. Minnie Mouse somehow smashed it!

said the same thing to my girlfriend about the E thing....I'll be joining you with this one for last nights show..

This is the start of your Finnish Adventure......

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm still really enjoying Carina on a weekly basis, but her voice is quite annoying. :down: I think she'll make the interviews.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It may be that Lonely Planet didn't want to be accused of being homophobic by binning the Helsinki Pride pitch in favour of the Backpackers Pitch?

Like Lord Sugar, I love the marketing task but for the next series I think the producers need to look at a more substantive way of deciding who wins and who loses.

This week I really thought it would be a double eviction - I even thought there was a possibility Lord Sugar might break with tradition and fire Dean, the Winning Team Captain, who was as clueless as anyone on the losing team. Dean will be eliminated the next time he is on the losing team without a shadow of a doubt.

Again though, there was a real lack of expertise, that spark of genius. Finland is known as Land of A Thousand Lakes, so great for boating and walking, also Helsinki Pride, so showcase both attractions in the advert then show the two separate tourist groups getting together in the evening clinking vodka shot glasses back at the hotel. Every box ticked.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This week I really thought it would be a double eviction - I even thought there was a possibility Lord Sugar might break with tradition and fire Dean, the Winning Team Captain, who was as clueless as anyone on the losing team. Dean will be eliminated the next time he is on the losing team without a shadow of a doubt.

I was thinking exactly the same actually - and there was a look of resignation on Dean's face. I actually thought he might do what the chap did a few years ago, and resign from the process. The other fella did it having won a task because of the absolute rubbish Karen and Lord Sugar were saying about him, despite having won. Dean looked like he knew he'd have been fired had the decision gone the other way, he didn't celebrate it when leaving the Boardroom either. It would have been good to see what was said after they'd walked away because it's obvious he was fuming about something, it would have been great TV to see the showdown that definitely happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here