Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Beatles top 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4,910

    Beatles top 10


    0 Not allowed!
    BBC compiled the top 60 streamed and downloaded Beatles songs over the weekend. I think I'm right in saying their library became available in 2010 but the top ten surprised me.
    Before looking, try and guess the number one. Bet you're wrong.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...-digital-chart
  2. #2
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,302


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBC compiled the top 60 streamed and downloaded Beatles songs over the weekend. I think I'm right in saying their library became available in 2010 but the top ten surprised me.
    Before looking, try and guess the number one. Bet you're wrong.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...-digital-chart
    OK I’m going to look in a mo. I am willing to bet it’s some McCartney dirge

    Edit could I have been more wrong? But the McCartney dirges did make nos 2 and 3
    Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi
  3. #3
    Well, is it? Is it PotG?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Sussex by the Sea
    Posts
    9,330


    2 Not allowed!
  4. #4
    Members Stat Brother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    West west west Sussex
    Posts
    55,101


    1 Not allowed!
    What 3 hits and 7 album tracks.




    #NeverMakeIt.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

    .
  5. #5
    A. Virgo, Football Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,483


    0 Not allowed!
    i guessed at Hey Jude so not far off.
    Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
  6. #6
    Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
    Posts
    5,638


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i guessed at Hey Jude so not far off.
    Did I tell you that's my grandson's name (@Commander s no 2 son?)
    If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing
  7. #7
    Members Lower West Stander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Back in Sussex
    Posts
    3,217


    0 Not allowed!
    My favourite tracks are Helter Skelter and The Two of Us.

    Guessed at Yesterday....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. #8
    Members Blue3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,279


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My favourite tracks are Helter Skelter and The Two of Us.

    Guessed at Yesterday....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hester Skelter credited as the first heavy metal song
  9. #9
    Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    22,309


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hester Skelter credited as the first heavy metal song
    Tomorrow Never Knows the first Big Beat dance track.
  10. #10
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    20,737


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hester Skelter credited as the first heavy metal song
    Wow. It isn't, though. For me, heavy metal completely started with Sabbath (and the second album, not the first which was a dog's breakfast). And I have albums earlier by High Tide. Heavy Metal has to be simplistic 4-4, riff driven, and with primitive guitar solo. Otherwise it is Prog Rock.

    Here is the start of heavy metal

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •