Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Beatles top 10

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Was that about the time when Clapton shat on his friend by nicking Pattie Booth off Harrison?

Lucky lady having two classic songs written about her. Something and Wonderful Tonight, maybe more?

Something is a lovely song, probably my favourite but I always liked George Harrison more than any other Beatle, especially after they split.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boyd, not Booth.

............and given half a chance, I'd have written a song about her too!

Of course, a quick google finds Layla was also written about her

Like Bardot, time has not been kind to her I also noticed :down:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Very hard to order my Beatles top ten, but I’ve given it a go. Even harder to name just five that I don’t like.

You Never Give Me Your Money
Across The Universe (WWF Version)
Here, There and Everywhere
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
Something
And Your Bird Can Sing
Help!
I Am The Walrus
If I Fell
She Loves You

Last edited:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Wasn't Layla about her as well.

The list is even bigger than those three bangers. Several Beatles/Clapton songs were written about Boyd, she was something special to George and Eric.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No 1 was 'Here comes the sun'. But now I can reveal why.
Go to your Alexa or other device and ask it to play The Beatles on Spotify and guess which song comes on first?
And as far as I can recall it has been like that for a long time. So does Spotify play random songs, obviously not as Here Comes The Sun has played first for months, in which case who decides the playing order? If it's based on streaming then the same song will always be number 1.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Quite please that only one of my top ten Beatles songs made it to that top ten.
My favourite didn't even make the top 60! (You Never Give Me Your Money)

Good taste my friend, wonderful song from a stupendous album.

As a huge Beatles fan, I find it almost impossible to narrow down to one. If pushed I would possibly go for In My Life though.

When I listen to the Beatles, which is a lot! I still struggle to comprehend just how good they were. The sheer volume of unbelievable music they produced is astonishing. No one has ever come close IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not as good as Oasis though, right lads?

Jul 7, 2003
I love the Beatles but can't stand Hey Jude - a real plodding dirge of a song that is totally over rated.

My karaoke standard - All My Loving - is surprisingly low on the list. Also surprised to see Lady Madonna so far down the list.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Across the Universe
Something
P.S. I Love You
Norwegian Wood
Hey Bulldog
Here Comes The Sun
I’ve Just Seen A Face
Yesterday
In My Life
Michelle

Brutal to pick just 10. Absolutely unbelievable songwriters. Got loads more to add.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strawberry Fields Forever is possibly the greatest song ever written, bearing in mind it is some 50 odd years since recorded.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good taste my friend, wonderful song from a stupendous album.

As a huge Beatles fan, I find it almost impossible to narrow down to one. If pushed I would possibly go for In My Life though.

When I listen to the Beatles, which is a lot! I still struggle to comprehend just how good they were. The sheer volume of unbelievable music they produced is astonishing. No one has ever come close IMO.

Even now they’re revered. Chrissie Hynde said on 5live a couple of weeks ago that they changed everything for her as a kid in the States. Past interviews with Crosby and McGuinn of The Byrds made it clear that they worshipped The Beatles, their expression “They didn’t just expand the musical envelope, they created a new one”.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Really surprised Revolution is so low down

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Across the Universe
Tomorrow never knows
Blackbird
Eleanor Rigby
Hey Bulldog
Here Comes The Sun
I am the Walrus
You’ve got to hide your love away
Back in the U.S.S.R
A day in the life

Could easily reel off another 20 songs that I love.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hester Skelter credited as the first heavy metal song

Wow. It isn't, though. For me, heavy metal completely started with Sabbath (and the second album, not the first which was a dog's breakfast). And I have albums earlier by High Tide. Heavy Metal has to be simplistic 4-4, riff driven, and with primitive guitar solo. Otherwise it is Prog Rock.

Here is the start of heavy metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Wow. It isn't, though. For me, heavy metal completely started with Sabbath (and the second album, not the first which was a dog's breakfast). And I have albums earlier by High Tide. Heavy Metal has to be simplistic 4-4, riff driven, and with primitive guitar solo. Otherwise it is Prog Rock.

Could not agree more Sabbath without doubt the fathers of Heavy Metal and one of the best bands I have ever seen but even so Helta Skelta is often quoted as the first attempt at if not Heavy Metal then Proto Heavy Metal as with all things upon the backs of Giants

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here