Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's your biggest concern right now?

What's your biggest concern right now?

• Potter's tactics

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Defensive fragility

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Weak midfield

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Not enough creativity

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Firepower up front

Votes: 176 74.9%
  • All of it - we're ****ed

Votes: 23 9.8%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of the above - it's the injury list for me....we're really missing March at LWB and Trossard's creativity, plus Propper last weekend. Add those three back in the starting XI and we'll do alright.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think we just need a bit of luck, should have beaten West Ham, Burnley and Newcastle, if we'd had the rub of the green in all three games and been 6 points better off, Spence and the other doom merchants would be talking about naming a bus after Potter rather than wanting him out.

We will come good, aside from Watford and Newcastle, there's another two or three sides we can easily finish above.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And Trossard taking longer than expected to recover - I think he is going to be key to this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
None of the above - it's the injury list for me....we're really missing March at LWB and Trossard's creativity, plus Propper last weekend. Add those three back in the starting XI and we'll do alright.

This.

Some of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's poll options are valid, but as a direct result OF the injury situation.

Pretty football, whilst being refreshing, is delivering the same outcomes as 2nd half of last season i.e poor results. We've spent a lot of money and whilst accepting we have injuries (teams always do) we don't seem to have any more of a stronger squad than last year. Hopeful we'll turn it around, but also concerned that we may end up sleep walking in to a relegation situation by burying heads in the sand and saying this new style will bring the results; until it doesn't!

Certainly not panic time as yet, but I'm currently in the mildly concerned camp.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Actually, none of those. Could you add the option “weak squad”? Because the scale of releases (lost causes like JL/FA, as well as multiple loan-outs of quality U23s), combined with a hopeless repeated failure to bring quality threats in, left us starting the season with a very weak squad. So weak that even just a couple of injuries would leave us looking very bare indeed. Sadly, we have 6 already.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think I blame Potter entirely - we don't know what has happened but I am struggling to understand how we have ended up with the squad we have.

I supported sending Knockaert out on loan, Andone & Locadia too but at least 2 out of 3 look a mistake at the moment.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Apart from Trossard who was injured while away with Belgium and Duffy who was injured playing against Villa all the other injuries (and illness) seem to have been caused during team training.
Does this mean that there is an issue with Potter and his training team in terms of the actual training which is causing these injuries and will therefore be a feature going forward, or have we just been unlucky.

From his performances so far, we need Trossard back quickly

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Would have been "Firepower upfront" before the emergence of the Galway Aguero.

Now - no worries at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And Trossard taking longer than expected to recover - I think he is going to be key to this season

Is he ? What's the latest on him ? Was supposed to be aiming for a return after the International break................I haven't seen or heard anything since that was announced.

D

Deleted member 2719

Voted for firepower.

But I don't know why because there is no need to be concerned IMO.

All will come good, might have to wait until we have played the new confident spurs first though.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If I’m honest it’s defence and lack of goals, but lack of goals probably wins out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In terms of the poll it's definitely firepower up front. If we'd converted a few more of our chances then we may not be where we are right now.

Outside of football it's whether I can handle the God-damn noise in this office for two more days before I go on holiday. Why do people insist on being so obnoxiously loud?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here