Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Dina Asher Smith

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Ridiculous the lack of crowds which compounded with the problems with the temperature/humidity just shows it should never have been held there. But hey money talks as always... *sigh*

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Doesn't bode well for the World Cup. I know they basically bought it, but surely, what is the point of holding major sporting events in countries where there is no history of interest in it ? How dreadful for these athletes to compete in front of a handful of people.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I am ashamed to say I don't follow athletics and have never heard of her. I read that first post and thought you were talking about a streaker. ???

She's one fast lady. I pity the poor handbag snatcher who targets her.

Toast. :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given the atmosphere and crowd engagement at the Championships the 2022 World Cup is going to be LIT AF

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That made my heart sink last night. There she is, finishing SECOND in the world at her sport at then is forced to do the SADDEST lap of honour in front of 12 people.

Thankfully she is SO good she should have the chance to shine at the next two Olympics which should be incredible atmospheres, especially Tokyo.

What was even more embarrassing was the INCREDIBLE light show before the event. That should have been met with ROARS from a capacity crowd. The whole thing was so depressing.

Well done Dina.

D

Deleted member 2719

Er, but her parents are Jamaican ???

I guess our athletes take few drugs.

I was referring to the girl that beat her Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

I want to know how those Jamaican pass the drugs tests!

Bet she's up for a quickie too.

Well she beat two Jamaicans in the final, yes. Elaine Thompson and Jonielle Smith.

But not the other one (the incredible Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce)

This is true, but with a small population, they punch way above their weight in sprinters.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I suppose when the World cup is on people will travel there, because it’s the world cup, despite the 20 million reasons not to grace that part of the world with their presence and the stadia will be full.

Appalling from the IAAF to site the championships there. Idiots. No better than FIFA. The stadium being entirely empty must have sponsors, ahem, running a mile. It’s hardly likely to inspire young athletes in the future. Midnight marathons which many athletes can’t complete highlights the nonsense. When will sports administrators think of the long term health of the sport rather than short term cash?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The IAAF told BBC Sport that Friday's day-one attendance at the 40,000-capacity Khalifa International Stadium was 11,800 ticket-holders with up to 2,000 guests, while Saturday's crowd was 11,300 plus guests. Sunday's figures were not yet available.

"Ticket-holders" that would doubtless have included all the no-shows in the official pretendance figures. What an utterly miserable event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here