Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is there some law against shooting on goal?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For the love of God, at Newcastle and today (I was at both), and at home every week, we seem incapable and/or unwilling to shoot on goal
when there's a clear and obvious chance.

Instead, we just pass the ball left or right and then inevitably lose it or play some fancy tippy-tappy sh*te on the left or right before
getting a throw-in (and repeat). FFS, WHY IS NOBODY PREPARED TO *******G SHOOT?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
E25DC65D-7C26-4AE6-BB8B-00C4388FC781.jpeg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Because if you shoot....you can miss....if you pass you are passing the buck. Scared of missing !!

Exactly. I thought those days of being scared were gone. Perhaps the spectre of Championship football is less scary - because that's the
f****** way we're going.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not just under Potter, lack of shots/goals from outside the area under CH as well.

I agree. But i have no FA badges in management, not have ever managed a football team of any description, so maybe I am
talking out of my arse expecting any shots on goal. Let's leave it to FA badged elite shall we, since they seem to know better.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I would like to see them shoot more (yes you Pascal) and I think they have to mix it up. Go long sometimes. They are sooooo predictable it’s painful.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brighton in shot shy shock...NOT!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there some law against shooting on goal?

Yes

and the punishment is:-

Exile to Germany & Greece.

T'is a curious club!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gross passed up the chance to shoot from a better position than the one from which Willian scored. The fact that their goal took a deflection on its way past Ryan proves the point that if you shoot you might get lucky. If you don't, you certainly won't. Potter admitted as much in the post-match for the Monday papers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here