Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Chelsea - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan 8.5 - I think he was excellent in all aspects today and Brightons best player by some margin.

Andy Webster 6.5 - The penalty does some harm to his rating but other than that he showed a lot of class.
Lewis Dunk 5.0 - Poor performance. Lots of bad passes and had a lot of trouble with especially Abraham.
Dan Burn 6.0 - Every game I wonder if he's godlike or complete shiet, I cant really figure it out. Weird, weird player.

Martin Montoyo 7.5 - Did really well both in defense and attack. I think he is class.
Dale Stephens 6.5 - Okay but not this best game. Some good passing and some nasty mistakes.
Yives Bissouma 6.0 - Sometimes you see that this guy could potentially be our best midfielder, but he looked pretty rusty today.
Steven Alzate 6.0 - Stop diving you stupid ****. Was one of very few players today who could challenge Chelsea players 1v1 or 1v2, but also took bad decisions and had poor end product.

Aaron Mooy 6.5 - Had a few nice through passes and is a very creative and skilled player, but God he is slow and weak. Did okay but should optimally not be in a starting eleven.
Pascal Groß 6.5 - Very risky passing that fails a lot (70% pass success rate) but when he is successful it often leads to somehing.

Neal Maupay 5.0 - Yes it is hard against this opposition but I expect more. Some bad offsides and fouls, and generally unable to create something or find spaces.

Gaetan Bong 5.5 - This alibi of a footballer is just very average in every sense of the word and it felt like Chelsea was actively giving him room to be our playmaker.
Aaron Connolly 5.5 - I like him but he got a spooky way of avoiding the ball.
Glenn Murray 6.0 - Didnt play much, but looked pretty lively.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan 8

Andy Webster 5
Lewis Dunk 6
Dan Burn 6

Martin Montoyo 7
Dale Stephens 6
Yives Bissouma 5
Steven Alzate 7

Aaron Mooy 5
Pascal Groß 5

Neal Maupay 5

Gaetan Bong 5
Aaron Connolly 5
Glenn Murray 5

Potter 4

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Ryan 8
Andy Webster 6
Lewis Dunk 5.5
Dan Burn 6.
Martin Montoyo 6
Dale Stephens 6.5
Yives Bissouma 6
Steven Alzate 6
Aaron Mooy 6.5
Pascal Groß 6
Neal Maupay 6
Gaetan Bong 5
Aaron Connolly 6
Glenn Murray not long enough

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Burn - 7
Dunk - 8
Webster - 6 - minus a point for a shocking mistake, but that burst through the middle of their team in the first half - wow - like Lawrenson....
Montoya - 7
Mooy - 5
Bissouma - 5
Stephens - 7
Gross - 5
Alzate - 8
Maupay - 6

Bong - 4 - sorry, just no touch, very difficult for him as sub, but that really weakened us......
Connolly - 5
Murray N/A

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Burn - 7
Dunk - 8
Webster - 6 - minus a point for a shocking mistake, but that burst through the middle of their team in the first half - wow - like Lawrenson....
Montoya - 7
Mooy - 5
Bissouma - 5
Stephens - 7
Gross - 5
Alzate - 8
Maupay - 6

Bong - 4 - sorry, just no touch, very difficult for him as sub, but that really weakened us......
Connolly - 5
Murray N/A

8 for Dunk seems rather high.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ryan 8
Webster 7 - really like him shame about the cock up
Dunk 7
Burn 6.5
Montoya 6.5
Alzate 7
Stephens 7.5
Bissouma 5.5
Mooy 6
Gross 6
Maupay 5.5

Bong 5
Connolly 7
Murray 6

Potter 7 - I mean Chelsea may have been winless at home, without Hazard obvs and Kante and with a transfer ban but they are still Chelsea - top 6. Value of squad, wages, recent champions etc way ahead. What did we honestly expect.

Fans 9

Ref - hmmn on a par with Kevin Friend

Quite a nice away day though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Burn - 7
Dunk - 8
Montoya - 7
Mooy - 5
Bissouma - 5
Stephens - 7
Gross - 5
Alzate - 8
Maupay - 6

Connolly - 5
Murray N/A

That is about how I saw it.
Ironic how much of the ball Bong saw though, shame we never had a decent winger over there 2nd half.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Ryan 8.5 Without his many saves today we would have got hammered

Andy Webster 6 Put under unnecessary pressure by being given the ball in ridiculous situations time after time.
Lewis Dunk 5.5
Dan Burn 6

Martin Montoya 5 Gave the ball away many many times and had really poor decision making in the final third
Dale Stephens 5 Poor game by his recent standards, missed his compadre today
Yves Bissouma 5 Didn't look ready at all. Thrown in because of injuries.
Steven Alzate 5.5 The one player looking comfortable with the ball. Why dive when you've got in behind them

Aaron Mooy 5 Another thrown in when doesn't look ready. Where is the Huddersfield talisman gone?
Pascal Groß 5Having to do too much defensive work blunted any attacking threat

Neal Maupay 5 I know he was isolated but really struggled

Gaetan Bong 4 Not his fault. Completely out of his depth. He must have had 10 good opportunities to cross today and messed pretty much every one up. Poor getting back for the 2nd goal
Aaron Connolly 6
Glenn Murray 5

Potter 5 It was obvious that our tactic of playing it in and around our own box was going to cause us problems today. We just didn't have the personnel on the pitch to play that way today. We should have changed. However he can't help having a big chunk of our squad injured at the moment. We need players back fast. Really missed Propper, March and Trossard. Bong shouldn't be anywhere near playing for a Premier League side. Decision making in the final third by all players is awful.

Ref 4 Homer. Reffed us differently to them. That's all you need going to a top 6 side with an understrength side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 8.5 Without his many saves today we would have got hammered

Andy Webster 6 Put under unnecessary pressure by being given the ball in ridiculous situations time after time.
Lewis Dunk 5.5
Dan Burn 6

Martin Montoya 5 Gave the ball away many many times and had really poor decision making in the final third
Dale Stephens 5 Poor game by his recent standards, missed his compadre today
Yves Bissouma 5 Didn't look ready at all. Thrown in because of injuries.
Steven Alzate 5.5 The one player looking comfortable with the ball. Why dive when you've got in behind them

Aaron Mooy 5 Another thrown in when doesn't look ready. Where is the Huddersfield talisman gone?
Pascal Groß 5Having to do too much defensive work blunted any attacking threat

Neal Maupay 5 I know he was isolated but really struggled

Gaetan Bong 4 Not his fault. Completely out of his depth. He must have had 10 good opportunities to cross today and messed pretty much every one up. Poor getting back for the 2nd goal
Aaron Connolly 6
Glenn Murray 5

Potter 5 It was obvious that our tactic of playing it in and around our own box was going to cause us problems today. We just didn't have the personnel on the pitch to play that way today. We should have changed. However he can't help having a big chunk of our squad injured at the moment. We need players back fast. Really missed Propper, March and Trossard. Bong shouldn't be anywhere near playing for a Premier League side. Decision making in the final third by all players is awful.

Ref 4 Homer. Reffed us differently to them. That's all you need going to a top 6 side with an understrength side.

Perfect summary

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ryan - 8 - I'm often very critical of him but today he was superb. MOTM.
Webster - 5 - Cost us a goal, sick of saying that.
Dunk - 6 - Not at his best, struggled with Abraham's liveliness.
Burn - 6 - Should have scored. Unlucky with second goal.
Montoya - 7 - Classy in parts.
Alzate - 7 - Could be amazing, needs to quit the Zaha moments.
Stephens - 6 - Mixed bag today, Propper makes him better.
Bissouma - 6 - Certainly not our worst player, dunno why he went off at half time.
Kemy - 3 - Useless, he's like a poor man's Denny Mundee.
Gross - 5 - Forced to play deeper where he has far less effect.
McCammon - 4 - I really want to like you, please be less shit.

Bong - 5 - Poor in defence, lacks a final ball, but tries hard.
Connolly - N/A - Twenty something minutes, couldn't really get into the game.
Murray - N/A - Should have started.

Potter - 4 - On another day it's a four/five nil hammering. Didn't expect us to win, but when you sacrifice a solid defence for more open attacking football it shouldn't take an hour to have your first shot. I appreciate we have a number of first-teamers out at the moment but he needs to turn this around after the next international break, possession alone won't keep us up. I doubt one goal in five matches is the revolution any of us hoped for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have I been whooshed here, who is Andy Webster?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was in a minority in feeling sorry for Bong today. He is not a left winger. He is a very good defender. In the last 3 games, Potter has brought him on and tried to play him as a left winger and it has weakened the side. Very odd. Why not just bring Connolly on as a left winger when we were chasing the game?

PG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ryan 8.5 - I think he was excellent in all aspects today and Brightons best player by some margin.

Andy Webster 6.5 - The penalty does some harm to his rating but other than that he showed a lot of class.
Lewis Dunk 5.0 - Poor performance. Lots of bad passes and had a lot of trouble with especially Abraham.
Dan Burn 6.0 - Every game I wonder if he's godlike or complete shiet, I cant really figure it out. Weird, weird player.

Martin Montoyo 7.5 - Did really well both in defense and attack. I think he is class.
Dale Stephens 6.5 - Okay but not this best game. Some good passing and some nasty mistakes.
Yives Bissouma 6.0 - Sometimes you see that this guy could potentially be our best midfielder, but he looked pretty rusty today.
Steven Alzate 6.0 - Stop diving you stupid ****. Was one of very few players today who could challenge Chelsea players 1v1 or 1v2, but also took bad decisions and had poor end product.

Aaron Mooy 6.5 - Had a few nice through passes and is a very creative and skilled player, but God he is slow and weak. Did okay but should optimally not be in a starting eleven.
Pascal Groß 6.5 - Very risky passing that fails a lot (70% pass success rate) but when he is successful it often leads to somehing.

Neal Maupay 5.0 - Yes it is hard against this opposition but I expect more. Some bad offsides and fouls, and generally unable to create something or find spaces.

Gaetan Bong 5.5 - This alibi of a footballer is just very average in every sense of the word and it felt like Chelsea was actively giving him room to be our playmaker.
Aaron Connolly 5.5 - I like him but he got a spooky way of avoiding the ball.
Glenn Murray 6.0 - Didnt play much, but looked pretty lively.

Did you go to the game?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 8
Montoya 7
Dunk 7
Webster 6
Burn 5
Mooy 5
Gross 5
Stephens 5
Alzate 6
Maupay 5
Bissouma 5

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 8 Had a good game but got lucky that almost all the many saves were as a result of being straight at him
Webster 7 good but for unneeded lunge for the penalty as I think Ryan would have been first to the ball
Dunk 6 not one of his commanding performances
Burn 6 like Dunk but had that header gone in instead of hitting the bar might have changed the game
Montoya 6 real class going forward but needed help which he got non
Alzate 7 Exciting prospect thought he fitted into midfield well late in the game
Stephens 8 our best midfielder today but then again not much competition
Bissouma 5.5 we know he's a talent but not match fit and run out of legs
Mooy 4 Looked disinterested strolling around no urgency not supporting Montoya enough poor game
Gross 6 had our best chance of the game when given the ball looked creative
Maupay 6 really puts the effort in but not sure I can remember him having any shots on goal

Bong 5 slow to get into the game stopped the ball instead of one touch passing having said that he released Murray with a great ball and put in one fabulous cross for the Gross header
Connolly 5.5 cameo role little chances given none taken
Murray 5.5 put himself about one good cross to little to late the game had run away from us

Our Fans 10 they were fantastic out sung home crowd even when we were 2-0 down truly great effort my MOM

We got what we deserved when we don't have at our disposal Trossard, March, Duffy, Propper, Izequerdo plus the obvious issue of no one scoring goals it's becoming a bit of a problem with out an obvious solution

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was in a minority in feeling sorry for Bong today. He is not a left winger. He is a very good defender. In the last 3 games, Potter has brought him on and tried to play him as a left winger and it has weakened the side. Very odd. Why not just bring Connolly on as a left winger when we were chasing the game?

PG

I agree about the defensive side but he was in at left wing back. Bernardo, March and Burn would all be ahead of him in that role but two are injured and Burn has to play in the three due to injuries to Duffy and Balogun. No Izquierdo or Trossard either. The left really is a problem at the moment.

To be fair to Bong he did put in a very decent cross for Gross’ chance. The team in general were guilty of not putting in enough crosses. I can only think of three, the Bong one, then the two corners where Webster and Burn missed decent chances. There was a Chelsea weakness there and we failed to exploit it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here