Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mooy had a superb game, would have been my MOTM if it wasnt for Connolly.

Dunk
Ryan
Alzate
Stephens
Webster
Maupay
Gross

Quite some team performance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk
Ryan
Alzate
Stephens
Webster
Maupay
Gross

Quite some team performance.

It was....
Thought Mooy started slowly, but from the moment he pulled the ball down near the touchline, he simply excelled and looked a completely different player....

What a day!
Great team performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Mooy is a class act and could never understand why so many on here were questioning his signing and suggesting he was nothing more than a squad player ! Where are these people now ?!
I also recall being accused of being ‘on the sauce’ after suggesting he needed to keep his place in the team after the Newcastle game !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mooy is a class act and could never understand on here were questioning his signing and suggesting he was nothing more than a squad player ! Where are these people now !
I also recall being accused of being ‘on the sauce’ after suggesting he needed to keep his place in the team after the Newcastle game !

Many said the same as you during and after the Newcastle match, he was class, he ran the first half before tiring in the second half. With full match fitness, he’s now immense.

Helped by having the tireless Maupay, Stephens, Connolly and Alzate around him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mooy is a class act and could never understand on here were questioning his signing and suggesting he was nothing more than a squad player ! Where are these people now !
I'm here :wave:

I never got the hype he received on here while at Huddersfield.
Surprisingly, for this place, it certainly wasn't based on performances v the Albion.
I had him joining as a better Kayal.

In fairness the knee-JERK responses rather validated that.

V Newcastle - I had pause for thought, which is nice.

Today I had those thoughts rammed back into the vacuous space from which they left.

I'm still TeamPropper but by jimminy he's got to be consistently very good to keep his place.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ok, i'll admit i didn't totally understand why we signed him, no better than what we already had, was my opinion. Don't get me wrong i think he's a good player and was superb the season Huddersfield went up, but today.... He was outstanding and i f he keeps up those levels he keeps the shirt imho.

I will now say he complements our existing midfielders very nicely, glad selection is Potter's problem, not mine, when all are back and fit, but after today i wouldn't change a thing, tough on Propper, March, Bissouma and Trossard but not bad players to turn to if a game needs something different, play well when coming on, then they keep the shirt.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm here :wave:

I never got the hype he received on here while at Huddersfield.
Surprisingly, for this place, it certainly wasn't based on performances v the Albion.
I had him joining as a better Kayal.

In fairness the knee-JERK responses rather validated that.

V Newcastle - I had pause for thought, which is nice.

Today I had those thoughts rammed back into the vacuous space from which they left.

I'm still TeamPropper but by jimminy he's got to be consistently very good to keep his place.

Fair play to you :thumbsup:

I expect Propper to get back in the side when fit - for me it is Gross whose place is at risk.
Not saying for one minute Gross had a poor game today BTW, but personally I rate Mooy higher than Gross

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As I said a couple of weeks ago, an in form Mooy is by far a better player than then Propper.

He probably is yes. Propper has been consistent for us, but in over 2 years, he's never once reached the level that Mooy reached today.

When all are fit the team that played today starts. Davy, Solly, Bernardo, (and incredibly) Trossard will have to wait for a chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was a Mooy sceptic but he was outstanding today, worked his arse off. So much so that he was absolutely knackered by 80 mins.

Hard to drop after that performance, much like the rest of the team.

He probably is yes. Propper has been consistent for us, but in over 2 years, he's never once reached the level that Mooy reached today.

When all are fit the team that played today starts. Davy, Solly, Bernardo, (and incredibly) Trossard will have to wait for a chance

Trossard for Gross, Propper for Alzate. Relief to be having these kind of differences

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Fair play to you :thumbsup:

I expect Propper to get back in the side when fit - for me it is Gross whose place is at risk.
Not saying for one minute Gross had a poor game today BTW, but personally I rate Mooy higher than Gross

Why ?. Propper has never influenced a match like Mooy did today , I thought Gross had his best game of the season today , I think Propper will have to wait to get his place back

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Superb today

He was dreadful at Chelsea but brilliant today. Perhaps we need to see him over 10+games

We need to see them all over 10 games, including Potter I reckon. We have to back this up against Villa and Everton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why ?. Propper has never influenced a match like Mooy did today , I thought Gross had his best game of the season today , I think Propper will have to wait to get his place back

Every player has to work to get back in the team. Mooy is an Aussie, and works hard. That worked today. Propper is an intelligent player, different. Better suited to a different game . . . .like Villa maybe. I'll leave that to the gaffer!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was average, but then so were the rest of our team. We only won because Spurs were so poor.

At least that's what the pundits will say.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Every player has to work to get back in the team. Mooy is an Aussie, and works hard. That worked today. Propper is an intelligent player, different. Better suited to a different game . . . .like Villa maybe. I'll leave that to the gaffer!

Mooy was clever and astute today, and I'm a Propper fan. People have been talking about the lack of depth in the squad recently. Maybe today countered that a little👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here