Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Unpopular view, but I thought he looked lazy and unfit. Consistently lost the ball, slowed up our attacking play and often picked the wrong pass resulting in loss of possession.
A couple of years ago I think he could have done a job for us, but I'm feeling now he's more an overpaid passenger we can ill afford to keep fielding.

You could equally be describing Gross here !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hard to start with Gross and Mooy, so little pace. No surprise that our best spell coincided with Mooy coming off and Alzate through the middle

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Though he didn't look special in the Newcastle game, we definitely looked better with him on the pitch than we did after he went off.

For me the best midfielder at our club, and possibly the best player at our club, is Pröpper. And without him in the side we struggle. Mooy is not going to be a Pröpper replacement, he's a different kind of player. But that doesn't mean he's without value.

The trouble is his muddling pace, along with that of Gross, leaves us very very slow. You can get away with one player like that but having two at the same time can leave us exposed, especially against high quality opposition.

I think back to the excitement I felt before the Southampton game when Trossard, Andone and Maupay were our front line, and the difference when I saw Mooy and Gross plodding their way to defeat at Stamford Bridge, it's no great surprise we did nothing yesterday.

I still think Mooy could be a useful squad player for us but when everyone is fit I don't see him starting.

I cannot wait til Pröpper and Trossard are back

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9087908]And one Andone :clap2:
I actually would like to see him back. But we won't. I still think it's a major **** up we let him go with no experienced replacement

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Though he didn't look special in the Newcastle game, we definitely looked better with him on the pitch than we did after he went off.

For me the best midfielder at our club, and possibly the best player at our club, is Pröpper. And without him in the side we struggle. Mooy is not going to be a Pröpper replacement, he's a different kind of player. But that doesn't mean he's without value.

The trouble is his muddling pace, along with that of Gross, leaves us very very slow. You can get away with one player like that but having two at the same time can leave us exposed, especially against high quality opposition.

I think back to the excitement I felt before the Southampton game when Trossard, Andone and Maupay were our front line, and the difference when I saw Mooy and Gross plodding their way to defeat at Stamford Bridge, it's no great surprise we did nothing yesterday.

I still think Mooy could be a useful squad player for us but when everyone is fit I don't see him starting.

I cannot wait til Pröpper and Trossard are back

I'd love to see Propper, DS with Alzate behind Maupay with March and Trossard out wide... and soon, very soon.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hard to start with Gross and Mooy, so little pace. No surprise that our best spell coincided with Mooy coming off and Alzate through the middle

I thought so too. But Mooy was superb today - and did you see Gross outpace their left back at one point!

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
He was absolutely immense today against Spurs. Seems he just needed some time to get up to speed with the team having arrived so late on deadline day.

Pure class. Massive fan of the lad and hope we can keep him once his loan deal expires.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Several players were superb today. One of the best team performances I’ve ever seen. Struggling to think of better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here