Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Aaron Mooy says he has settled in well at new Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and believes Graham Potter’s approach and philosophy is one that suits him down to the ground.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/socceroo-mooy-enjoying-life-at-brighton-532354

I see he's doing that thing where you hold the sun or moon:

mooy (2).jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hard to pick between Mooy and a 19 year old year scoring a brace on his first PL start (also a relentless nightmare for the Belgium CB pairing).

It would be madness to drop Mooy. Finally we have an ACM/midfield general who creates for 90 minutes, with decent pace.

Well let's wait until he puts in a few more performances like that shall we, before we go too overboard about him? It was the first time we had seen him do that in an Albion shirt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having put in an impressive display, to see off Nepal at the weekend, the Aussies will need Mooy (and Maty) at the very top of their games, if they are to complete a famous double, by also finding a way past Chinese Tapei tomorrow lunchtime.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Having put in an impressive display, to see off Nepal at the weekend, the Aussies will need Mooy (and Maty) at the very top of their games, if they are to complete a famous double, by also finding a way past Chinese Tapei tomorrow lunchtime.

It must be hard for them to come down from such a high

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
32 places higher than Nepal. It'll be a tough ask. Chinese Tapei will have Malawi and Tajikistan in their sights. Although Palestine and Mauritania may be beyond them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope a deal has been agreed for a loan to buy at the end. He will be a great addition to the squad strength.

Aaron Mooy put pen to paper to sign a new long term contact before leaving Huddersfield to join us on loan, so it doesn't appear so.

My Terriers supporting mate say that they have no intention of selling him. Then again though, l wonder how the player feels about returning to a club who may well be playing their football in League One next season, when he is more than capable of displaying his skills in the Premier League?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Aaron Mooy put pen to paper to sign a new long term contact before leaving Huddersfield to join us on loan, so it doesn't appear so.

My Terriers supporting mate say that they have no intention of selling him. Then again though, l wonder how the player feels about returning to a club who may well be playing their football in League One next season, when he is more than capable of displaying his skills in the Premier League?

I'd imagine that was purely part of the deal to obtain a decent fee for him whilst allowing the player to avoid rotting in the arse end of the championship. No doubt at all he will be sold and to us if bha and Mooy are both still keen. The only way Hudds would be able to scupper it is if they were promoted back to the PL, which doesn't look very likely.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd imagine that was purely part of the deal to obtain a decent fee for him whilst allowing the player to avoid rotting in the arse end of the championship. No doubt at all he will be sold and to us if bha and Mooy are both still keen. The only way Hudds would be able to scupper it is if they were promoted back to the PL, which doesn't look very likely.

Unless he performs so well for us that other bigger fish go after him of course. Still that's a nice problem to have, as hopefully that will mean we have survived, and finished higher up the table.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mooy Mooy Aaron Aaron Mooy , he's got no hair and we don't care Aaron Aaron Mooy
Are you sure? Surely it's

Aaron Mooy, Aaron Mooy, Aaron Aaron Mooy
He's got no hair but we don't care
Aaron Aaron Mooy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

2 points whic h I am sure that you are aware of:

(a) Signing anew contract guarantees that they will get a reasonable fee for himl

(b) He is only with us as he wanted to continue to play in The Premier which is something Huddersfuield do not appear to be able to do for at least 2 seasons.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2 points whic h I am sure that you are aware of:

(a) Signing anew contract guarantees that they will get a reasonable fee for himl

(b) He is only with us as he wanted to continue to play in The Premier which is something Huddersfuield do not appear to be able to do for at least 2 seasons.

Those extra 2 points could be useful enough to see us finish in the top 10.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you sure? Surely it's

Aaron Mooy, Aaron Mooy, Aaron Aaron Mooy
He's got no hair but we don't care
Aaron Aaron Mooy

The day I catch you posting a chant that doesn't scan is the day Hell freezes over :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well let's wait until he puts in a few more performances like that shall we, before we go too overboard about him? It was the first time we had seen him do that in an Albion shirt.

Mooy was also the business at Newcastle, before fading due to a lack of match fitness in the second half.

Looking a very good (loan) acquisition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here