Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Iranian Woman Banned From Stadium Dies Days After Setting Herself Alight

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That makes it less shocking? OK, we'll just wait until the shock wears off, eh (rather like FIFA will do, giving them a reason (in their own eyes) for doing f*** all).
Unfortunately every day something shocking happens and within a few days people forget about it and start being shocked by something else. Sad times

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was weeks ago, surely? Or is it a new case?
She set herself alight at the beginning of the month.
She died from her injuries last week.
It was talked about on Thursday's Football Weekly Podcast.

I don't believe it was ever mentioned here, despite having a small discussion about Iran's ban of women at football, a few days ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re-inforces my complete lack of desire to visit countries in the area who proudly live in the dark ages

Disgusting and mindblowing repression

I briefly went out with a beautiful Iranian girl in the days of the Shah. In my wildest dreams I couldn’t see how far that country would regress shortly afterwards, and still be there in 2019

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re-inforces my complete lack of desire to visit countries in the area who proudly live in the dark ages

Disgusting and mindblowing repression

I briefly went out with a beautiful Iranian girl in the days of the Shah. In my wildest dreams I couldn’t see how far that country would regress shortly afterwards, and still be there in 2019

Have you seen the film Argo:-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here