Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat Night Drinking Thread ! ( no one else is apparently?)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am officially on holiday and heading to Cornwall for a week of Fishing and Proper Job but have decided to open up tonight with a nice bottle of Achel Blonde then moving on to an Orval and have a Westmalle Tripel chilling after that… happy daze !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Friday Imbibing Thread

Seems like I’m in the chair again. Started with a rather nice Bank’s Amber ale, only 3.5% but very tasty. Now onto the good stuff, a Shame Less IPA from RedWillow in Macclesfield, now this one I hugely recommend, 5.8% and extremely good. Got a Ramsbury Mango IPA to go with tonight’s homemade Vindaloo, then a few Little Creatures Pale Ales to accompany me while nestling on the sofa later.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Grolsch and Blackthorn Gold snakebites for me tonight. They were on offer.

Enjoy your trip.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems like I’m in the chair again. Started with a rather nice Bank’s Amber ale, only 3.5% but very tasty. Now onto the good stuff, a Shame Less IPA from RedWillow in Macclesfield, now this one I hugely recommend, 5.8% and extremely good. Got a Ramsbury Mango IPA to go with tonight’s homemade Vindaloo, then a few Little Creatures Pale Ales to accompany me while nestling on the sofa later.

That Mango IPA sounds nice, rather like them fruity ones.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gone off beer for the moment se on Bushmills 12 year old with a drop of water nice gentle smokey aroma smoth warm very nice

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
That Mango IPA sounds nice, rather like them fruity ones.

Now you know what, it was a little underwhelming alongside the curry, neither fruity enough, or hoppy enough. Don’t get me wrong, it was very nice, but I’d kind of expected a little more.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd love to be, but I'm working late. Hate having to work on Fridat nights :angry:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Now you know what, it was a little underwhelming alongside the curry, neither fruity enough, or hoppy enough. Don’t get me wrong, it was very nice, but I’d kind of expected a little more.

That Vindaloo is going to wipe out quite a few tastebuds though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m supposed to be cutting down but Siren Soundwave and Calypso and Wild Beer Pogo and a couple of sours from Siren.
Good deals at Morrison’s with their 4 for £6.00 and with a 20% staff discount card I can’t afford not too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Had a very nice pint of Timothy Taylor Golden Best at the 5 Bells West Chilts at Lunchtime.

Now it's Aussie Viognier time.

Is that place any good? I've been to everywhere else in the West Chilt area (largely the Roundabout due to a friend working there) but the Bells is one i've not frequented yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
wines.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Supposed to be doing a dry September, but it's nearly over, and Morrison's were knocking out some Russian beer for a quid a bottle. Well, a chap has a duty to try it, doesn't one? Nothing special, to be honest.

Strange taste - anyone know what Sarin tastes like?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Bleeding 'enery - I'd be spending most of the evening in the khazi with that lot swilling around in my innards. Good luck.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Is that place any good? I've been to everywhere else in the West Chilt area (largely the Roundabout due to a friend working there) but the Bells is one i've not frequented yet.

The Bells has been my local for about 25 years now, been going there since the early 80s, so I guess I’d have to say I like it. It’s old fashioned, no music, a bit quiet, friendly landlord. The beer is generally spectacular, he’s regularly won CAMRA regional pub of the year awards, I doubt you’d be disappointed with the ale.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Good if you like well kept Beer, been in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide forever. 5 real ales, always a mild on offer (very few Sussex pubs do that)

A bit shabby, very old school, 3rd generation publican runs it.

I'll be sorry when Bill goes and is Farrow and Balled a few years down the line which is clearly what will happen given it's location. Enjoy while you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here