Aston Villa v Burnley
AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United
Chelsea v Brighton & Hove Albion
Crystal Palace v Norwich City
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Watford
Everton Manchester City (17:30)

Sunday 29th
Leicester City v Newcastle United (16:30)

Monday 30th
Manchester United v Arsenal (20:00)

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 18.51.36.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best game is Monday night , wonder if someone gets the sack after this weekends games ? Marco Polo ? Quicky Flores ? Pocchetino even ?
GPott?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a howler from the Sheff Utd keeper. I feel for him, I know what it's like to have that happen.

Utd 0-1 Liverpool (took them 70min), and Sheffield Utd have had some good chances themselves.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ends 1-0 to Liverpool. Keeper made a good stop when 1 v 1 with Saleh, but Utd's forward line could take any of their chances.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I have Pukki as my FPL Captain today - let's get another hat trick!

(He's alongside Maupay and Abraham in my team, so I'm looking for us to win 7-6 too)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aurier sent off for Tottenham (1-0 up at southampton). Suspended for next week.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is Spurs, who haven't won away in the league since January - you know what happens to long losing streaks at the Amex, don't you?

Indeed. It feels like we are the ideal team anyone on a losing streak/goal drought would like to play. We chould change our name from 'seagulls' to 'trendbreakers'.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
VAR overturns offside and awards a goal for Bournemouth

I'm not sure that's right. If it is, something has gone wrong.

Reading the play by play on sky sports website, the ball went in and the flag was up, and then VAR was consulted. Given that an offside can't be reviewed but a goal can, I would assume the ball went in the goal, the flag was up, everyone assumed offside, the ref actually let it play out as a goal, then got the VAR decision.

If it didn't happen like that, the ref screwed up.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm not sure that's right. If it is, something has gone wrong.

Reading the play by play on sky sports website, the ball went in and the flag was up, and then VAR was consulted. Given that an offside can't be reviewed but a goal can, I would assume the ball went in the goal, the flag was up, everyone assumed offside, the ref actually let it play out as a goal, then got the VAR decision.

If it didn't happen like that, the ref screwed up.

yes it can,

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
yes it can,

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11777969/var-in-the-premier-league-the-ultimate-qa

I'm a bit rusty, so remind me: what will VAR check?

"Clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

Goals
Penalties
Direct red cards
Mistaken identity

VAR will automatically check these situations, often in the background while play is resuming. The final decision will be with the on-field referee, however.

There are no exceptions to these four areas; you won't see any checks for corners, throw-ins, yellow cards or even second yellow cards. If the incident doesn't fall under those four points, it will not be reviewed.​

Only four things can be reviewed: a goal, a penalty, a red card, or mistaken identities.

Offsides cannot be reviewed. They can be a reason that a goal or penalty is overturned because a review shows a player was offside, but if the on-field decision is an offside, it can't be reviewed by VAR.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’ve not seen it back so I’m not 100 percent certain.

But it looked like the ball was out of play and a dive for Auriers second yellow.

How long before second yellows are checked on VAR?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would we have made Joelynton (sp) more or less shitehouse if we'd singed him instead of the Geordies?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here