Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Wilkins.... at PALACE!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I promise I did do a search for a previous mention of this outrage but found nothing.

Dean Wilkins - former midfield general and Withdean babes manager - is now up the road heading up their academy.

What a legend. All the best Agent Wilkins. :clap:

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 16.38.18.png

https://www.football.london/crystal...potential-crystal-palace-southampton-16910848

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I went right off him when I heard the rumours of his treatment of players like Glenn Murray. It seems that managing kids was his ceiling. He’s got the right job and yes I do believe there are likely to be very talented youth players at Palace.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I went right off him when I heard the rumours of his treatment of players like Glenn Murray. It seems that managing kids was his ceiling. He’s got the right job and yes I do believe there are likely to be very talented youth players at Palace.

Regret I heard it he made it tough for them as well.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Probably in my all time top five players, but sometimes things happen to change one’s mind.
Thought his departure from the club was a disgrace, but other thing(s) have clouded my once staunch adoration.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wendy is BHA through and through. He bleeds white & blue, and had he made a tackle in his 834 appearances we might have seen this, so anyone making snide remarks, alluded to this or that can **** right off in my mind because he’s been one of our greatest and most long serving servants. I wish him every success now in what is clearly a quite brilliant piece of Trojan espionage!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Probably in my all time top five players, but sometimes things happen to change one’s mind.
Thought his departure from the club was a disgrace, but other thing(s) have clouded my once staunch adoration.

]Probably in my all time top five players,.................bloody hell, how long have you been watching the Albion ? Bar his long range goal, his time passed me by !

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Got to pay the bill's somehow.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
“Wilkins do something magic.........disappear”

Goldstone Ground, West Stand. 1987.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Did I mention I once nutmegged Dean in a 5-a-side match ?
Only every time his name is mentioned but other than that I don't think you have [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
]Probably in my all time top five players,.................bloody hell, how long have you been watching the Albion ? Bar his long range goal, his time passed me by !

Supported since 83, first went to a game in 87

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He wasnt in our best era and never a favourite, but it was in the period pre all the troubles when we were still a proper team in our own ground.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I saw a Sky Sports News item the other week on the Palace academy presented by that doughnut Clinton Morrison so I was aware that Dean Wilkins was working there.

Wilkins did give us a fantastic memory in the last minute free-kick against Ipswich in 1991 to seal a Play-Off place, but lets not forget that he, along with Robert Codner played in the possibly the weakest Albion central-midfield of all time.

He was probably treated a bit poorly by the club when being replaced by Mickey Adams 2.0, but I imagine he fell out with the board long before that.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Stumpy Tim

I saw a Sky Sports News item the other week on the Palace academy presented by that doughnut Clinton Morrison so I was aware that Dean Wilkins was working there.

Wilkins did give us a fantastic memory in the last minute free-kick against Ipswich in 1991 to seal a Play-Off place, but lets not forget that he, along with Robert Codner played in the possibly the weakest Albion central-midfield of all time.

He was probably treated a bit poorly by the club when being replaced by Mickey Adams 2.0, but I imagine he fell out with the board long before that.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

The weakest midfield of all time, that got us to within a game of the top flight. You might want to have a think about other midfield players we've had to endure

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The weakest midfield of all time, that got us to within a game of the top flight. You might want to have a think about other midfield players we've had to endure

Yep, as lovely as they were at passing, especially Wilkins, both he and Codner barely seem to win a tackle...Or tackle at all.

I can certainly recall may midfield partnerships, but none as soft as those 2.

Thimble Keegan

Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here