Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea Away - Travel and Pubs

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Couple of questions for everyone going to Chelsea tomorrow.

What’s the best way to get there ? Change at Clapham then Overground to West Brompton?
Or Victoria and underground to Fulham Broadway

Also, any away pubs for drinking near the ground ?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
If you like walking thru cemeteries use West Brompton , if you like walking the little Chelsea aspect then use Imperial wharf - Imperial wharf is a good 5 minutes closer

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But don't search for it on a map, as the place doesn't exist.

Imperial Wharf, not Clapham Junction.

Eh ? Its an overground train station, course it exists. It'll be on the TFL website and Network journey planner

Anyway, I'm going to Victoria then walking - nice gentle stroll through the West End and along the King's Road, with a stop for lunch on the way somewhere. It's only about 2.5 miles - London is far more walkable than people realise and much more pleasant than the tube/trains (unless it's peeing down)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you like walking thru cemeteries use West Brompton , if you like walking the little Chelsea aspect then use Imperial wharf - Imperial wharf is a good 5 minutes closer

If the OP just wants to get to the ground easily without the hustle and bustle of Victoria station I'd definitely recommend going via Imperial Wharf. Nice and straightforward.

Also if they want some tinnies for the journey home there is a convenience store pretty much over the road from the away end entrance/exit. Not too dear given the location and can pick up a 4 pack for the journey home.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Eh ? Its an overground train station, course it exists. It'll be on the TFL website and Network journey planner

Anyway, I'm going to Victoria then walking - nice gentle stroll through the West End and along the King's Road, with a stop for lunch on the way somewhere. It's only about 2.5 miles - London is far more walkable than people realise and much more pleasant than the tube/trains (unless it's peeing down)

When l say it doesn't exist, l mean there isn't a place called Imperial Wharf, merely a train station that was opened a few years ago.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Jump off at Clapham, Get the train to Putney, Booze around Putney bridge. Jump on the district line at Putney bridge, 2 stops to the ground. Very few Chelsea fans will be seen, Lovely.

Enjoy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jump off at Clapham, Get the train to Putney, Booze around Putney bridge. Jump on the district line at Putney bridge, 2 stops to the ground. Very few Chelsea fans will be seen, Lovely.

Enjoy

But a fair few Palarse fans, who will mug you. :ohmy:

itsatrap.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going for a Squeeze

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I went here for some German sausage and Beer pre Chelsea last time. Cracking bar if you like it German.

https://www.octoberfestpub.com/ 678-680 Fulham Rd, London, SW6 5SA

About 15/20 min walk from the ground. Closest Tube, Parsons Green, I wish i was going as I'd 100% go there for pre match beer and Currywurst. Lovely grub.

Does Herr Tubthumper know about this fine looking establishment?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here