Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train Travel to away games – Am I missing something?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I’m hoping to go to Man U Away in November and tie it in with a visit to see my Daughter in York. I have vowed, for environmental reasons, to try and use our crumbling rail network a bit more but looking at train tickets to York on the Friday, across to Manchester on the Sunday then Manchester to Barnham to get home after the match. I can’t seem to make that total journey cost less that £200 +. Is this just normal these days or are there tricks to finding low cost rail tickets? I'm not young or old enough for rail cards as far as I know, Any Advice welcome.

I can and probably will just drive, AGAIN with the environmental and time implications it’s not as desirable but a £90 tank of Diesel will easily get me there and back with a few miles left in the tank.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Give ticket splitting a google.

Doesn’t always work but there are sites that will see if it’s possible to make your journey cheaper by booking numerous smaller journeys that work out cheaper overall. Might mean taking a slightly odd route but can shave a few quid off the price.

Sadly though, ticket prices are just a joke so don’t expect miracles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not train guru, but I think what you've missed is booking it lots earlier.

As soon as the date was locked in place some time ago, United fans who wish to make the same journey would have been booking up whilst fares were at their cheapest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here