Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Metro Bank Shares

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Faceplanted once again. I've been watching these and almost bought at 197p. Down they've gone again!!

Time to buy?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never catch a falling knife

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
haven't watched the price but have read about the business. they tried to expand too fast, some accounting problems, now couldnt fill a bond issue. thats not good signal for a bank. on the other hand they have fallen so far that they do look cheap as a recovery or take over target.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chasing stocks down like this can get very messy. You keep topping up / averaging down the price you hold at - "it can't go any lower, can it?"

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2019/09/25/does-the-metro-bank-share-price-now-make-it-a-bargain/

"Of course, the truth is that many people, on both the debt and equity sides of the market, think there is just too high a risk of the bank going bust. It is hard to imagine now, but Metro stock was £40 a share in early 2018. They are now about £1.80 – a 95% decline.

One needs to be careful about not falling into the fallacy of thinking that the price can’t fall further. A further 95% decline would see the stock at 9p per share, which would be twice as high as that other struggling firm, Sirius Minerals."​

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yep. I read that....

The cynical side of me sees people talking the stock down - then when it can't go any lower, they buy a shit load, then talk it up......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here