Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Suggestion for the club

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lots of debate on here about the team put out last night etc and comments about not attending cup games in future etc.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this before but here goes.

For many of us a few loyalty points don't make any difference to our chance of getting tickets for decent away games.
I travel from London to every home game and have to hope that just the right combination of events happen, to allow my season ticket loyalty points get me a ticket for a London away game.
10pts for watching the U18s at home isn't going to change that.

Whereas those that have enough loyalty points can pick and chose the away games they go to and still maintain first dibs.
I'm sure many of these supporters decided to give last night's game a miss.

How about the club bring some innovation into the loyalty points system as a way to entice people to these games.
Get decent attendances and reward loyalty that otherwise goes unrewarded and makes supporters feel a bit ripped off.

How about for games like last night's where we have paid to watch the Under 18s play (very well), or away cup games against Crewe, the club offer loyalty point vouchers - One off tokens that can boost your points enough to jump up a level on the waiting list for Prem away games.

But a boost to allow me to go up the queue a bit for one game only would be a nice pay back.

Obviously you wouldn't get the token if you didn't turn up. And the level of boost would have to be carefully managed so it wasn't disproportionately advantageous.
But with the prospect of improving my chances to get a ticket for spurs next season, I certainly would have felt my support was appreciated and not taken for granted.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Lots of debate on here about the team put out last night etc and comments about not attending cup games in future etc.

For many of us a few loyalty points don't make any difference to our chance of getting tickets for decent away games.
I travel from London to every home game and have to hope that just the right combination of events happen, to allow my season ticket loyalty points get me a ticket for a London away game.

Whereas those that have enough loyalty points can pick and chose the away games they go to and still maintain first dibs.

How about the club bring some innovation into the loyalty points system as a way to entice people to these games.
Get decent attendances and reward loyalty that otherwise goes unrewarded and makes supporters feel a bit ripped off.

How about for games like last night's where we have paid to watch the Under 18s play (very well), or away cup games against Crewe, the club offer loyalty point vouchers - One off tokens that can boost your points enough to jump up a level on the waiting list for Prem away games.

But a boost to allow me to go up the queue a bit for one game only would be a nice pay back.

Obviously you wouldn't get the token if you didn't turn up. And the level of boost would have to be carefully managed so it wasn't disproportionately advantageous.
But with the prospect of improving my chances to get a ticket for spurs next season, I certainly would have felt my support was appreciated and not taken for granted.

You offering to rewrite the SeatGeek software to support that harebrained scheme?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Would be easier to simply reduce/remove the entry price and increase the LPs (free entry and 50 points for example ?). Points only allocated if the ticket is actually used, obviously.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You offering to rewrite the SeatGeek software to support that harebrained scheme?

No just saying put in the backlog or an impact assessment and see what it would cost to add some potentially lucrative innovation into the software.

From a marketing perspective, that sort of offer might add 5- 10k onto the attendance, you might even be able to increase ticket prices, if the reward was seen as suitably valuable.
I would probably be happy to have paid an extra £15 for a better shot at a ticket for an away game.

Might increase revenues for clubs in general.
If the cost to develop the software is more than the potential income then scrap the idea.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
No just saying put in the backlog or an impact assessment and see what it would cost to add some potentially lucrative innovation into the software.

From a marketing perspective, that sort of offer might add 5- 10k onto the attendance, you might even be able to increase ticket prices, if the reward was seen as suitably valuable.
I would probably be happy to have paid an extra £15 for a better shot at a ticket for an away game.

If the cost to develop the software is more than the potential income then scrap the idea.

Or just go to the plenty of away games that dont sell out and build up your points so you have enough to go to one of the London ones.

Not just think because you turn up to a noddy game in a cup where some 18 year olds have been fielded you are automatically entitled to jump up brackets compared to those who travel the length of the country and have invested plenty of money in going to see us play away in lovely places like Burnley.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree with the OP that a few bridges need to be mended, but not sure about that complicated sounding plan. I think there is an argument for the club to retrospectively add another 5 loyalty points given the team picked.

I also think a little contrition, (unfashionable I know) might go a little way here.

Maybe a Barber statement along the lines of ….. “I authorised the pricing of the game when I didn’t know that we would have such an injury crisis, so thought we would be able to play a stronger team than that. I misjudged it a bit and I’ll to communicate as effectively as I can with the manager before pricing future games”

And Potter statement along the lines of ….. “thanks to everyone who came to the game last night, I know I selected a really young team and they really appreciated your support. The selection was down to a serious injury crisis but I promise that we’ll have a real crack at trying to get as far as we can in the FA Cup this year”

Or will be get corporate, corporate, corporate

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe include women’s football in your idea? Then you get to see Laura Rafferty running around clad in man-made fibres, the women’s game gets a boost AND you get to go to Spurs. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She agrees.

Attachments

• C7FCE9DB-A37D-446A-B8A6-4C39B9C96A6C.jpeg
    C7FCE9DB-A37D-446A-B8A6-4C39B9C96A6C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 257

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Given our dealings with SeatGeek, I am amazed they get my name right when I log in. I would suggest the chances of getting them to add such a feature for just one club are slimmer that those of Ali J getting the Golden Boot.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Given our dealings with SeatGeek, I am amazed they get my name right when I log in. I would suggest the chances of getting them to add such a feature for just one club are slimmer that those of Ali J getting the Golden Boot.

You are probably right...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whilst I agree with the selections last night (for reasons I've explained elsewhere) it is clear and apparent that Barber totally ****ed up the pricing for last nights game.

Perhaps a BRIEF statement of apology to those who shelled out to watch the kids play last night and an undertaking that he will ensure that there is no repetition in future cup games would be a good starting point. (A 3 page email full of excuses is really not required!)

I really understand why so many that were charged such a high admission will be left feeling ripped-off this morning.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have a few words for the moaners - Injuries and a need to put out the best team against Chelsea.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
My suggestion for the club would be that if we are drawn at home in the FA Cup next January - to offer free tickets to all those attended last night.
I feel mugged, sadly that is how big business now treats it's loyal customers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Or just go to the plenty of away games that dont sell out and build up your points so you have enough to go to one of the London ones.

Not just think because you turn up to a noddy game in a cup where some 18 year olds have been fielded you are automatically entitled to jump up brackets compared to those who travel the length of the country and have invested plenty of money in going to see us play away in lovely places like Burnley.

Exactly. OP seems only interested in an away game in his own back yard. On that basis, deserves nothing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have a few words for the moaners - Injuries and a need to put out the best team against Chelsea.

This. Those that are moaning, have they not noticed the teams we've been putting out in the cups for the last few years. Add in that we were playing on a Wed rthat than Tuesday with Chelsea away on Saturday.

I went but really didn't expect any different from the team selection.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So the club play the first team last night, win 1-0 but have loads injured for a Premier League fixture against Chelsea and end up putting out many of the U23s, how would you feel then?

Comments such as "Barber ripped us off", really, do you really think one of the best sports CEOs in the country thought "I know, I'll rip them off to get a few thousand more at a Carabao Cup game".

Let's remember the No 1 priority, Premier League Advancement and we already have a serious amount of players on our injury list. Yes, I was disappointed, but I wasn't ripped off or conned, the Head Coach played it as he had to.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
People who are accusing the club of ‘mugging them off’ need to look at the facts.

Tickets went on sale on 2nd September.

Since then Ali J, Balogun, March, Murray, Maupay, Bernardo have all picked up injuries...... which are the reasons for the youth team last night.

They could never have known that was the case, so not sure how they can be accused of misleading or robbing people.

I think the team we played v Bristol Rovers is an indication of the type of side we want to play in the competition but last night that wasn’t possible.

I can understand why some people aren’t happy, and would be correct if we had a full squad to pick from BUT at the moment we need to protect the fit players we still have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here