Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Albion youth v Villa - any betting profits made?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've never been a punter, until getting into matched betting this August.

When Potter gave that team sheet, I noticed on Villa forums and later on weararebrighton that some had rushed to place various bets on Villa.

NOT using matched betting principles, I then did the same and made a clear profit of £65. I was within one Villa goal of making another £100.

It seemed easy money.

Anyone else here do the same?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went on Villa when I saw the team sheets. The price on Villa winning was tumbling as I did so.

Used the winnings to stick another 50p in the NSC meter and we're back up and running again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Went on Villa when I saw the team sheets. The price on Villa winning was tumbling as I did so.

Used the winnings to stick another 50p in the NSC meter and we're back up and running again.

I wanted to share the betting opportunities on NSC, but that technical glitch put paid to that.

A ultimately very profitable market was Villa leading at HT and FT. Also, Villa simply winning the tie.

Villa fans punted on 10+ attempts on goal, but that market was quickly closed. Not sure which bookies.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yeah, made a few quid, thanks. Felt almost guilty, it was just like buying money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine Potter and TB made an absolute killing, they would have got on VERY early :wink:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Stuck a tenner with SkyBet on Villa to win in 90 minutes and Conor Hourihane to score. It was a Boost bet, so got 10-1

I had exactly the same bet as you!

Villa were 12/5 before the Brighton team was announced and at kickoff they were 11/10. There must have been loads that lumped on in that hour.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I was slightly tempted by the 55/1 on offer by PaddyPower at 0-2, but no, no I didn't take it :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I said to friends that Villa were ridiculous odds at 12 to 5 and the bookies did not what a weak side we would put out. Did Villa to win and both teams to score at 11 to 2

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Had £50 on villa as soon as team was announced only got 6/5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No one bet on Duffy to get “injured” and come off with 15 mins to go?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tragic that Albion put out a team so weak that fans bet against their own team.

Also tragic that I went on a specific score (0-5) rather than a straight Villa win. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here