Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ben White

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Championship Player of the Month Again !

25 Sep 2019
BEN WHITE PRESENTED WITH PFA FANS' PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARD
Share this story Share
Ben White presented with PFA Fans\' Player of the Month Award
Presentation made.

Leeds United defender Ben White has today been presented with the PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ Championship Player of the month for August at Thorp Arch.

In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, White, on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion won with 44% of the vote, beating Swansea City’s Borja Baston, who finished in second place with 16%.

The defender helped Leeds record three clean sheets from the opening six games of the Sky Bet Championship season, with a series of impressive performances at the heart of the Whites defence.

His fine start to the campaign has helped Leeds rise to the top of the Sky Bet Championship table.

Speaking at the presentation, White said: "It's really nice to get an award like this and I'm thankful to the people who voted for me."

The full list of contenders and polling results can be seen below:

• Ben White (Leeds United) - 44%

• Borja Baston (Swansea City) – 16%

• Lyle Taylor (Charlton) – 15%

• Daniel Johnson (Preston) - 12%

• Patrick Bamford (Leeds United) - 9%

• Jarrod Bowen (Hull City) - 5%

Obviously it was a close run thing :amex:

Hope we don't ever lose his talent cheaply !

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If its the award for August surely that's the first player of the month award. So how's he 'won it again'?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shame one of our youngsters out on loan and by all accounts taking the Championship by storm is a CB? Doesn't seem much of a shame to me. I'm rather pleased about it.

I meant that it’s a shame he’s not a striker so we could recall him. We have a shedload of defenders, and that’s great for us, but we need strikers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I meant that it’s a shame he’s not a striker so we could recall him. We have a shedload of defenders, and that’s great for us, but we need strikers.

Apart from Murray, Maupay and Connelly you mean? I suppose when we want to go four up front it could be a bit of a problem ......................

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He is getting good game time whereas he would not be playing with us. Next season Duffy may be sold and Ben will replace him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Apart from Murray, Maupay and Connelly you mean? I suppose when we want to go four up front it could be a bit of a problem ......................

Where were Murray and Maupay on Wednesday, thought we were told they were injured? Could have done with a another one alongside Connolly, therefore, as I said, it’s a shame White isn’t a striker, and we could recall him. Also, bear in mind we’ve haven’t been in any way at all prolific with Murray and Maupay and Connolly this season, ever thought that perhaps we need someone better?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where were Murray and Maupay on Wednesday, thought we were told they were injured? Could have done with a another one alongside Connolly, therefore, as I said, it’s a shame White isn’t a striker, and we could recall him. Also, bear in mind we’ve haven’t been in any way at all prolific with Murray and Maupay and Connolly this season, ever thought that perhaps we need someone better?
We were playing the U23s and U18s on Wednesday, so Murray and Maupay were irrelevant. Three strikers for one position, plus a few good attack minded players around them (Gros, Trossard, Biss, March - even Jahanbakhsh if we're desperate) - we've got enough. Of course we would like a better striker - Kane, Vardy, Ronaldo, Aguero anybody? - queuing up to join us in the summer I'm told .....................................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
We were playing the U23s and U18s on Wednesday, so Murray and Maupay were irrelevant. Three strikers for one position, plus a few good attack minded players around them (Gros, Trossard, Biss, March - even Jahanbakhsh if we're desperate) - we've got enough. Of course we would like a better striker - Kane, Vardy, Ronaldo, Aguero anybody? - queuing up to join us in the summer I'm told .....................................

Blimey, chill out a bit, all I said was that if he was a striker, and if we could recall him it would be good because we could do with a striker, maybe I should have said we need a striker who is actually scoring right now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey, chill out a bit, all I said was that if he was a striker, and if we could recall him it would be good because we could do with a striker, maybe I should have said we need a striker who is actually scoring right now.

Maupay scored two so far. Connolly has had one cleared (fantastically) off the line and one that hit the corner of the upright and crossbar (I suppose they could have loaned him out too, so they could recall him in January). They're doing alright, and Murray hasn't become crap overnight. We might not beat Chelsea (I don't think we will) but Murray, Maupay and Connolly won't be the reason why not.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I only know one leeds fan-nice guy as it goes- and he's delighted with White. I really hope he can maintain his levels of performances over the course of what we know is a long, grueling season. If he does he'll be a premier league player with us next season(provided we are, of course, still a premier league team...)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How are our strikers doing so far today? I trust they’ve been peppering the Chelsea goal all afternoon so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here