Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Thomas Cook Fly Again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A Thomas Cook liveried A321 is in the air as we speak. Operating a flight from Palma to East Midlands and presumably repatriating passengers.. Due to land at 13.25 according to flightradar24.

Tis a bit of a mystery really.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair I would have thought this would have been the first port of call given that all the planes were not going to be in use.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could it not be that the government have compulsorily taken over some of their planes and pilots to fly people home

Possibly, although l thought they may have been impounded. If it were the reason though l wonder who would be flying them, because I doubt very much it won't be ex Thomas Cook flight crew.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Aren’t TC planes all leased?
I would assume the owners of the planes are getting them back to base or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Possibly, although l thought they may have been impounded. If it were the reason though l wonder who would be flying them, because I doubt very much it won't be ex Thomas Cook flight crew.

Doesn't TC only own three 'planes? So only those, of 30-odd in its fleet, will be impounded.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Several weird and wonderful airlines/aircraft operating these flights currently. A Malaysian Airlines A380 has obviously been leased and is currently onroute from Palma bound for these shores.

Obviously the maximum capacity the better, to get all holiday makers home asap.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Several weird and wonderful airlines/aircraft operating these flights currently. A Malaysian Airlines A380 has obviously been leased and is currently onroute from Palma bound for these shores.

Obviously the maximum capacity the better, to get all holiday makers home asap.

Just about to land at Manchester now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Surely all the assets will be seized for maximum resale value?
The asset is owned by the lease company. That fixed creditor will simply recover their asset, hope they've done their calculations right and sell on the goods for more than they were still owed by Thomas Cook.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you have a flight tracker, mine is still showing the Thomas cook planes as a description, however a lot of the flights are TITAN airways...I have never heard of them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That was the ex Thomas Cook A321 l mentioned in the original post. The Malaysian Airlines A380 was bound for Manchester, (see post 8).
That's wot I get for being a smart ass jumping in and trying to make a joke with out reading properly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here