Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Offical end of summer, Sussex CCC v Worcestershire CC, Hove 23-26 Sep, 10.30 KO, CC***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Worcestershire have cleverly put us into bat and as long as they don't laugh too much at our batting, should be racking up some runs by tea time themselves.

The last team on 2019 is;

Sussex
Luke Wells
Tom Haines
Will Beer
Stiaan van Zyl
Delray Rawlins
Ben Brown(c)(wk)
Tom Clark
David Wiese
George Garton
Ollie Robinson
Reece Topley

Good to see Clark, Haines and Garton invloved, could be the future.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wonder if they get to bring games in at the end of the season?

I suspect they have the end of season party booked for tomorrow night.

Off for rain.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Currently 32/3, van Zyl 23*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't Archer available for this one? Surely as a young fit man he could have flung down a few scary ones at Worcestershire batsmen?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wasn't Archer available for this one? Surely as a young fit man he could have flung down a few scary ones at Worcestershire batsmen?

Dizzy said that they'd asked the ECB but they said "no"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
November.

Waste of time Archer playing in a dead rubber though. Played so much cricket this summer.
So he's tired? I just don't get it, sometimes - at his age I'd have played cricket every day for Sussex (or football for the Albion) if I'd had half a chance. And yes, I realise being good enough would have helped..............................

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So he's tired? I just don't get it, sometimes - at his age I'd have played cricket every day for Sussex (or football for the Albion) if I'd had half a chance. And yes, I realise being good enough would have helped..............................

Disagree. 100% right decision to give him some time off. He must be physically and emotionally spent after non stop franchise cricket, World Cup and ashes. It’s not like this game even matters.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I expect he probably is. He spent the World Cup playing half injured and then played 4 tests pretty much back to back. Not sure what benefit he or us get out of a nothingness game which won’t get a result looking at the weather. What a fan might do and what a professional sportsman might do are somewhat different things.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It wasn't his decision. We don't know whether he wanted to play or not but he wasn't going to be allowed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disagree. 100% right decision to give him some time off. He must be physically and emotionally spent after non stop franchise cricket, World Cup and ashes. It’s not like this game even matters.

Why have we even bothered to turn up for it then? Every game matters - some more than others it is true, but once you start having games that just don't matter, you might as well give up.

Anyway, apparently Dizzy wanted him to play, but the ECB said no.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why have we even bothered to turn up for it then? Every game matters - some more than others it is true, but once you start having games that just don't matter, you might as well give up.

Anyway, apparently Dizzy wanted him to play, but the ECB said no.

I feel your pain. I'll be really pissed off if the Albion don't field a full-strength team against Villa in the League Cup.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel your pain. I'll be really pissed off if the Albion don't field a full-strength team against Villa in the League Cup.

Two or three non-regular choices would be fine - as long as it's a team to win. What would really piss me off would be picking a team that obviously had no intention of taking the competition seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here